Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Teraflex 2.5 lift kit

Old 07-14-2017, 04:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex 2.5 lift kit

I sthe Teraflex 2.5 lift kit as good as adveritised ? Would like to hear froum you guys on this .Just the clod hard truth is it junk or is it a good kit
Old 07-16-2017, 04:58 PM
JK Newbie

I have the 2.5" lift, Fox 2.0 shocks and 35" tires and I don't have any regrets and it is my daily driver. I email them for tech support and get quick replies and great information. I think their tech and customer support are fantastic. Not sure what info you are looking for or how to really rate this lift but it is everything i was wanting. The only thing i would recommend adding is the adjustable front track bar...the Teraflex one is very heavy duty. I hope this helps. Good luck.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20161011_140238.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	3.65 MB
ID:	673321
Old 07-17-2017, 12:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

I ran their coils, with both Bilstein 5100's AND Rancho 9000's and I HATED them. It rode fine on flat roads...but I got nervous when I saw road imperfections. Rode so jarring that my girlfriend never let me drive her around, we always took her Bimmer.

Swapped the coils out for the new RK triple rates and it was night and day.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:52 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,596 Posts

Guess if you like their shocks and their springs, you're good to go. Not sure I've seen anyone hyping up how great that kit is in general. I think what is lacking in most 2.5" kits is an adjustable track bar and any kind of caster correction. I know you can technically get by with the factory TB, but that axle does get shifted a bit, and any lift is going to decrease caster.

When you price out 4 shocks that you might like better, and front rear springs from various manufacturers (AEV, RK, Metalcloak, Evo, insert brand here), I think you’ll find there’s really not that much cost difference. Add generic bumps, a couple sway bar links, a raised rear TB bracket, and $16 brake line brackets and you have a direct comparison to the TF 2.5” lift. Which brand would you rather have should the prices be very similar. The problem is still having to correct caster and possibly add a front TB.

I'd rather have a better spring and better shocks myself than what that kit has.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:59 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Woody208
I have the 2.5" lift, Fox 2.0 shocks and 35" tires and I don't have any regrets and it is my daily driver. I email them for tech support and get quick replies and great information. I think their tech and customer support are fantastic. Not sure what info you are looking for or how to really rate this lift but it is everything i was wanting. The only thing i would recommend adding is the adjustable front track bar...the Teraflex one is very heavy duty. I hope this helps. Good luck.
Attachment 673321
thanks . This what i,m looking for just honest opinions on this subject . You can look at reviews all day but its people that use it every day that will tell the truth on a product
Old 07-17-2017, 11:05 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BoraBora
I ran their coils, with both Bilstein 5100's AND Rancho 9000's and I HATED them. It rode fine on flat roads...but I got nervous when I saw road imperfections. Rode so jarring that my girlfriend never let me drive her around, we always took her Bimmer.

Swapped the coils out for the new RK triple rates and it was night and day.
That is the first I have heard of that . But then again reviews on web sites can be misleading
Old 07-17-2017, 08:01 PM
Former Vendor

As these other guys mentioned, there are more complete options on the market in the same price range. A front track bar is definitely one hole in that kit that should definitely be addressed.

Let me know if you want some help looking at your options. TF makes great products, just have to pay attention to what you're getting for your dollar spent.

Marcus
Old 07-18-2017, 08:22 AM
JK Newbie

Thumbs up

I have this kit W/O the TF shocks, my choice was Old Man Emu Nitrochargers and I couldn't ask for anything more. This JK rides well on road and off and I think the OMEmu shocks compliment the kit perfectly. The damping and rebound work great. All the components are heavy duty and are wearing very well. I have no problems at all.

Quick Reply: Teraflex 2.5 lift kit