Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Time to do the radiator

Old 06-11-2018, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator

Received 78 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
Good deal. One more thing crossed off your maintenance list!
Those control arms are next......
Old 06-11-2018, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Rednroll
Between maintenance and mods, that list just never ends. My wife keeps asking me, "When are you ever going to be done working on your U8Jeep?" Then it's usually followed by, "It's old...just go buy a new one." I'm like, it's old but still runs great, it's in great condition, and most of all, I still really like it. Even if I was to buy new, she just wouldn't be able to understand, in that if I'm not busy fixing something, I'ld be spending time modding something instead, and by the time the modding is done, then the maintenance starts to roll back around. It's a never ending cycle, but how do you explain that to a spouse who just doesn't get it?

I have even done by best to focus my mods around needed maintenance.

Shocks need replaced? Time for the lift. Brakes needed, time for BBK. Due for new tires? Time to go big. Front bumper creased? Time for winch mountable steely. Rear bumper scratched up? Time for a rear steely. Need a new tie-rod end? HD tie rod and drag link. U-joints creaking? Now, you know why I'm looking at a replacement drive shaft. .
My girlfriend says the same thing but then when we are on a trail in the middle of Baja I look over and tell her......"wouldn't it suck if we broke down right here? This is why I do the extra meticulous repair work."
Old 06-12-2018, 10:16 AM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by EHarris
My girlfriend says the same thing but then when we are on a trail in the middle of Baja I look over and tell her......"wouldn't it suck if we broke down right here? This is why I do the extra meticulous repair work."
Currently planning to take the wife and her family who is visiting from Brazil, to Silver Lake sand dunes Mid July. Trying to get the HD ball joints in, brake pads, front wheel bearing hub, replacement Adam's drive shaft, and my new dash cam install all completed before then.....but she's on my azz, at the same time to complete some in the house renovations before then as well......never enough time or money to get everything done.
Old 06-12-2018, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Rednroll
Currently planning to take the wife and her family who is visiting from Brazil, to Silver Lake sand dunes Mid July. Trying to get the HD ball joints in, brake pads, front wheel bearing hub, replacement Adam's drive shaft, and my new dash cam install all completed before then.....but she's on my azz, at the same time to complete some in the house renovations before then as well......never enough time or money to get everything done.
Even when it's done it isn't when it comes to jeeps. I'm just trying to find the happy medium of $$ to invest in a depreciating toy.
Old 02-24-2019, 06:33 AM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I like the list
ThanX

Quick Reply: Time to do the radiator