Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Transmission hoses

Old 03-06-2011, 12:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been hell busy with work but ill post up what i have on Monday. Sorry for the wait guys.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Good Will

Since this issue-faulty crimp connectors- has been an ongoing Jeep/Chrysler problem, try having the lines replaced under the unofficial (but effective) "customer good will policy". This means that even though the item is technically out of warranty, the dealer has the leeway to replace it free to keep you, the customer happy. This leaking hose is a chronic problem, no excuse for it. I just picked a set of Grand Cherokee hoses, perfect except for the leaking crimps, dated 2005 ( I will use the steel tubing for a trans cooler install when the time comes , as the bends are just right) So this is a long-term ,well known problem... Get the old ones back,replace the connectors,and install them yourself when the factory replacements leak again.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:28 PM
JK Newbie

Question since I have this problem. I work at a GM dealer and this would be covered under the power train warranty (if I was within the miles). Since I am at 36,700 wouldn’t this be covered under my lifetime warranty?
Old 03-06-2011, 04:21 PM
JK Newbie

had mine on a 2010 just done for the 3rd time only 7,000 miles on it!
Old 03-06-2011, 04:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Does anyone know if a tsb has been issued for this crap? I had mine replaced(out of pocket) and they are leaking again. Took it to the dealer and they "could not reproduce the problem after putting dye in the system and pressure testing." If there's no tsb I'm not wasting my time with the dealer again, another item I will fix myself.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tazzman121
Question since I have this problem. I work at a GM dealer and this would be covered under the power train warranty (if I was within the miles). Since I am at 36,700 wouldn’t this be covered under my lifetime warranty?

It is not under the lifetime power-train warranty. I've had mine replaced twice - once under warranty - and just 3 weeks ago under "good will" - I did have to pay a $100 deductible.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EarlyJk
Been hell busy with work but ill post up what i have on Monday. Sorry for the wait guys.
Thanks a lot man. I want to install hard lines for my transmission cooler later this month and would replace the stock lines at the same time. One of them is slightly dripping but the dealer's answer was 'we don't see anything wrong'. I could see the rag mark where they wiped around the connector. Jackasses.

I just passed 10k miles Friday and it looks like my rear main seal is starting to leak ever so slightly as well. I love my Jeep!!!
Old 05-03-2011, 10:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mattonline
Thanks a lot man. I want to install hard lines for my transmission cooler later this month and would replace the stock lines at the same time. One of them is slightly dripping but the dealer's answer was 'we don't see anything wrong'. I could see the rag mark where they wiped around the connector. Jackasses.

I just passed 10k miles Friday and it looks like my rear main seal is starting to leak ever so slightly as well. I love my Jeep!!!
Bump... Any Write-Ups?
Old 05-03-2011, 10:40 AM
JK Freak

Look at the thread. Leaking transmisson lines. I have all parts an part #s listed.
Old 12-10-2017, 07:43 AM
JK Newbie

Default Same problem

Originally Posted by EarlyJk
I think the majority have had some kind of drip/leak from their factory shit crimp fittings. I solved this issue by buying 10 feet of push lock hose and aeroquip connectors/adapters. Then i cut off the factory tranny hose right before each crimp fitting and attached the push lock hose with the adapters. No more tranny hose leak. If you take it to the dealer they will just replace it with the same shit as you already have, an it will leak again. My solution is permenate. Let me know if you need pics or a proper write-up.
It’s been awhile since you posted this but I also have the same problem and would appreciate any information on parts used and pic of your repair.
Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: Transmission hoses