Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Warning Lights HELP ( ESP/BAS,ABS,Traction Control)

Old 11-06-2017, 10:07 PM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 201 Likes on 183 Posts

Coincidentally I was looking up C2200 for a 2009 in another thread https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stoc...-c2200-344178/

The FSM says "If the ABM is being replaced with a new ABM it must be reprogrammed with the use of a scan tool."

Old 11-19-2017, 10:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same problem..tried most fixes

I have all three lights on. This started right after a car wash. Not sure it it is coincidence. I checked error codes on my speedchips, and it says NO Error codes, but it also says I am going down a steep incline. I was parked at a slight UP angle in my driveway when this pic was taken. Maybe it is a clue to what is wrong??? POsting pics of lights, and Speedchips feedback. This is a 2009 JKU, I am original owner, and I had all recall work completed. Clockspring was done about 2 months ago. Thanks in advance.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5947.JPG
Views:	2759
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	676142Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5948.JPG
Views:	2699
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	676143Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5949.JPG
Views:	18217
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	676144
Old 11-20-2017, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator

Received 77 Likes on 71 Posts

Bump this to the top for some help. I can go over to his place tonight and help him out.

Why is it not throwing a code? It seems like what happened to me when I had to replace drivers side rear wheel speed sensor.
Old 05-17-2018, 06:32 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by GoBig
Had the same thing happen. You need a new battery.
have the same issues. Shoulda thought of that honestly. Had a ranger that was getting older and things started going haywire. Fuel gauge started bouncing up and down, doors would lock themselves, some other strange stuff that seemed unrelated to each other.
Battery finally died in the Florida heat and had to replace it. All the electrical problems went away instantly.
Old 05-17-2018, 09:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK Lion
I have all three lights on. This started right after a car wash. Not sure it it is coincidence. I checked error codes on my speedchips, and it says NO Error codes, but it also says I am going down a steep incline. I was parked at a slight UP angle in my driveway when this pic was taken. Maybe it is a clue to what is wrong??? POsting pics of lights, and Speedchips feedback. This is a 2009 JKU, I am original owner, and I had all recall work completed. Clockspring was done about 2 months ago. Thanks in advance.

Attachment 676142Attachment 676143Attachment 676144
So this original prob was due to Speed Control Sensor which was repaired at no cost since Jeep has issued a 15 year extended warranty for our front speed control sensors. Unfortunately I then got new tires, springs, shocks, and an alignment (supposedly) and the problem came back although a little different this time:

Starting a couple months ago, all lights would come on (less often now) but ABS would kick in EVERY time I was coming to a stop. It did not throw any hard codes. Took dealership 2 weeks to figure it out. Not complaining since they loaned me a new Cherokee. Anyway, they deduced that the cause was two fold...the previous shop did not do a proper alignment and the magnet on the speed control sensor was stuck primarily due to worn out hub and bearing. I did not mind their suggestion as I purchased a lifetime WRAP on my Jeep and it only cost me $100. That repair would have been over $700 otherwise.
It has been two weeks and the Jeep runs great so far. IMO Courtesy Jeep in San Juan Capistrano is the best service dept in this area. I won't share the bad experiences I had with other places. Courtesy is not perfect, but they genuinely care and try to fix your vehicle ASAP. My $0.02. I have to go to dealerships to have my warranty honored. If anyone wants to see my alignment report, PM me.
Old 05-17-2018, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by JK Lion
I purchased a lifetime WRAP on my Jeep and it only cost me $100. That repair would have been over $700 otherwise.
I had the exact same experience and was going to say, it sounded like a failing bearing hub.

What is the lifetime WRAP?
So you're saying they charged you $100 with this lifetime WRAP that you previously purchased?

I paid $200 for that same repair from a local shop. I'm guessing the $700 is what the dealership told you it would cost?
The following users liked this post:
JK Lion (05-18-2018)
Old 05-18-2018, 08:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rednroll
I had the exact same experience and was going to say, it sounded like a failing bearing hub.

What is the lifetime WRAP?
So you're saying they charged you $100 with this lifetime WRAP that you previously purchased?

I paid $200 for that same repair from a local shop. I'm guessing the $700 is what the dealership told you it would cost?
Yes, dealership told me $700...maybe they were trying to earn back all the hours they took trying to diagnose. I bought a WRAP from Mopar around the time my 3 year bumper to bumper was expiring (maybe 2012?) for about $2500. Since I planned to keep my JKU for a long time, I purchased a lifetime B to B. Only doesn't cover wearables like brakes, oil, etc. Where do you live? Seems nobody touches the JK without it costing well over $300 out here is SoCal!
Old 05-18-2018, 07:53 PM
Super Moderator

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

SE Michigan. I took it to Belle Tire. They're a chain shop similar to Discount Tire but in addition to Tires they do diagnostics and repairs. They're located throughout Michigan, Indiana, and Ohio.
https://www.belletire.com/

The nice thing about the location that I go to, is that they're located right next door to the Chrysler/Jeep dealership I bought my JK from. So if they don't have a part in stock or if they ever have trouble figuring something out, they walk next door and talk to the techs at the dealership.

So what did they charge you the $100 for? Does the warranty only cover labor or something?

Last edited by Rednroll; 05-18-2018 at 07:56 PM.
Old 05-20-2018, 08:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Did you ever resolve this issue? I have the exact same problem and tried quite a few things to no avail. Took it to one shop who ran the codes and C2200 also came up but the believe the module itself could not be the issue as the ABS ESP/BAS BRAKE and traction control lights come on after driving over 10 mph. Sadly they’re booked for over a month and have no time to actually work on it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Originally Posted by hornetman
C2200 ABS module internal fail. Tried re-bleeding the brakes before using the code reader. Lights come on at 12-13 MPH every time. Anybody have any success in changing this themselves or is it dealership change?

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Old 05-20-2018, 08:59 PM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 201 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by mzj95
Did you ever resolve this issue? I have the exact same problem and tried quite a few things to no avail. Took it to one shop who ran the codes and C2200 also came up but the believe the module itself could not be the issue as the ABS ESP/BAS BRAKE and traction control lights come on after driving over 10 mph. Sadly they’re booked for over a month and have no time to actually work on it. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Per the FSM for C2200 the procedure is clear the code, cycle ignition, read codes, if C2200 is present replace anti-lock brake module.

C2200 is an internal fault. It doesn't make sense for a shop to think that an internal fault can't mean the very thing, and only thing, the code means.

Quick Reply: Warning Lights HELP ( ESP/BAS,ABS,Traction Control)