Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Warning lights/Wheel Speed Sensor problem...

Old 06-23-2012, 04:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem 3 weeks ago took it to stealership and they told me the performed a star scan analysis, it showed fault for left rear abs wheel speed sensor. Had them replace it and charged me $200 for the job, now I'm getting the same lights coming on again what gives. were are these sensors located at? Really dont want to pay another dime to have it fixed...
Old 06-23-2012, 04:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Get the code read at an auto parts store. If its the left rear again, make the dealership fix it. If not, buy the part and fix it. There are some threads in here end other sites that show how to fix them. The rears appear to be easy and the fronts s little more time intensive.

Sent u a PM
Old 06-23-2012, 05:45 PM
JK Newbie

I ran the do it youself code that I found, on one of the threads here but came up clean no codes recorded will have to try that out then and see... check out the site you pointed me to but its giving me Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage tied several times but nothing.

Thanks
Old 06-25-2012, 09:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had the ESC malfunction light come on, it has gone on and off many times. I finally got it in to the dealer last week and the tech said it was a brake switch and it was replaced. As I was driving home the light came back on, I returned to the dealer and talked to the tech who put it back on the scanner. He said it indicated the same problem, I am taking it back tomorrow so he can check all the wiring that may be the problem. Today when I was coming home from the grocery store I tried the cruise control and it would not function so I am wondering if I have the same problem as talked about here but my Jeep is totally stock and has barely 500 miles on it.. Sure hope that the tech can find out what the heck is up..
Old 06-27-2012, 06:11 PM
JK Super Freak

When you turn the key on and off three times will that give you the same code on the dash or do you have to have a code reader?
Old 06-27-2012, 06:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by maine07jk
When you turn the key on and off three times will that give you the same code on the dash or do you have to have a code reader?
When I do that I get code U 1418 which is "implausible right wheel distance signal". Doesn't specify front or rear. The code off of the reader at the auto parts store was C102B which according to the web sources is "right rear wheel speed sensor".
Old 06-28-2012, 09:07 AM
JK Newbie

I just had this same thing on my 2008 JK, I love the use of "implausible" It was my right rear and was a $150 fix at the dealer.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:55 PM
JK Newbie

Default Speed Senor Issues

I have a 2007 Jeep Wrangler, 4 door.

Back in Feb of 2012, my brakes were acting up and I saw the xmas tree of lights on my dash. A check of this forum showed it could be the speed sensor. I had those replaced at a local muffler shop, the owner is a Jeep guy. And the problem went away.

Here is is July of 2012, and I am getting the same lights. I went to the local auto store, they checked it and it said the left front speed sensor was bad. I got a new cable from the dealer, $22 and went back to replace it myself this time. Everything went perfect, started up the car drove about 50 feet and the lights went away!!! WOO-HOO!!!

About 30 minutes later, the lights are back on, the driving is difficult again.

Uhhh.........help?
Old 06-28-2012, 03:51 PM
JK Super Freak

MY mechanic told me that my right wheel bearing was starting to go bad. The code today was abs right front. The new bearing comes with the bearing and sensor. I am going to give that a shot as soon as I get a chance.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:48 AM
JK Newbie

Default Speed Sensor Update

Well, still have issues with the speed sensor. After driving around for at least 75 miles, I still had the lights on. I went to the auto store, they ran the diagnostics and it came back with the same exact problem. The left front speed sensor was bad.

I went and picked up another speed sensor at the dealer and I'm going to try that and see if that will fix it. If it doesn't then I have no idea what is going on.

Quick Reply: Warning lights/Wheel Speed Sensor problem...