Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What do you guys think of this rack

Old 04-22-2018, 09:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What do you guys think of this rack

https://www.extremeterrain.com/lod-offroad-easy-access-sliding-roof-rack-aluminum-floor-panel-kit-0717-jk.html?utm_content=XT%20Exterior%20-%20Racks%20and%20Storage%7CLoD%20Offroad&utm_sourc e=google-pla&utm_medium=shopping&T5_Var3=yellow&T5_Var4=J11 2810&intl=0&utm_campaign=XTW+Wrangler+Vehicle+Medi um&gclid=CJmW2ourzdoCFaKVxQIdKLsBpA&gclsrc=ds#prod uctInfo
Old 04-22-2018, 06:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks killer! i love it
Old 04-23-2018, 06:43 AM
JK Newbie

It's very expensive, love the way it looks but very very expensive.
Old 04-23-2018, 06:58 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

I've never looked at roof racks as they're not my thing.....but looking at that makes me wonder....why do you really need the sliding function? Not like you're gonna slide it back and remove the top or anything......that would just be a waste of time. Do you have a thought in how the sliding part would add value over something stationary? We all have different uses, so just curious what others are thinking.....
Old 04-23-2018, 11:19 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by resharp001
I've never looked at roof racks as they're not my thing.....but looking at that makes me wonder....why do you really need the sliding function? Not like you're gonna slide it back and remove the top or anything......that would just be a waste of time. Do you have a thought in how the sliding part would add value over something stationary? We all have different uses, so just curious what others are thinking.....
I was looking for one that would allow me to remove the front panels, they are the only ones I'm interested in moving and came across this. After that I thought it would make a nice sun shade, the desert sun can be a killer. The there thing is that it looks awesome compare to anything else.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:32 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Looking at those pictures again, it does seem with a soft top you can get the top down which could be nice. I think with a hard top, removing just the freedom panels would be aggravating with little payoff after the rack is slid back in place, but that is coming from someone whose top is off 95% of the time.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:58 AM
JK Newbie

I guess my only issue is the cost, ~1,500.00. That is way too much for a rack, unless I have make one or something like that.

Thank you.
Old 04-24-2018, 03:52 AM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

I was going to say, "Hey, nice rack!" but the last time I said that I got called into the HR office where they informed me that was inappropriate, so now I refrain from saying that.
Old 04-24-2018, 06:19 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rednroll
I was going to say, "Hey, nice rack!" but the last time I said that I got called into the HR office where they informed me that was inappropriate, so now I refrain from saying that.
That is so awesome, love it, thanks.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If your considering a hardtop rack and want to be able to easily remove the freedom panels and top, look at the Rhino rack backbone setup. I've had mine on for almost 3 years now and it's great. Can haul Pretty much anything with it and removing the top is just as easy as without it. A close second would be the Teraflex Nebo but I have no experience with it, just like the "factory like" design
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo873.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	677008
The following users liked this post:
Ernestovr (04-26-2018)

Quick Reply: What do you guys think of this rack