Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

what is the EVAP Canister?

Old 05-08-2013, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Really, relocating isn't expensive or difficult. I think it cost me $20 worth of parts (5/8" fuel rated hose, hose clamps, 4 new stainless bolts) and 45 minutes.

As for this being a rare problem.. not so... not something that WILL happen to you, but it is probable.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JKzoo10
I did some off roading this weekend and ripped mine off completely. Donated it to the trail. I've been driving around without it since Saturday just find. Performance doesn't seem to be jeopardized. So here's the real question. Why do I even need to bother replacing it? Hippies and tree-huggers need not reply. I realize that it's an emissions thing. BTW...I live in Michigan and we do not have strict emissions laws like many other states. Just curious if I need to be in a hurry to get it repaired.
Eventually you will start throwing engine codes, dash lights, etc. and honestly I think your computer might put the vehicle in limp mode. I really don't think you can run without it for long.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 05-11-2013, 11:48 PM
JK Newbie

so relocating this evo, you guys buying a premade kit or just making on up? you just tucking it higher?
Old 05-12-2013, 03:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sandypants
so relocating this evo, you guys buying a premade kit or just making on up? you just tucking it higher?
I think most people buy a premade kit and tuck it higher. If your able to fab there's no reason you can't do it yourself. The main issue is not messing up and of the hoses, etc. while relocating it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 09-18-2013, 09:07 AM
JK Newbie

Default Rare?

Originally Posted by jedg
Really, relocating isn't expensive or difficult. I think it cost me $20 worth of parts (5/8" fuel rated hose, hose clamps, 4 new stainless bolts) and 45 minutes.

As for this being a rare problem.. not so... not something that WILL happen to you, but it is probable.

Remember, just because it happened to you does not mean that it’s not a rare occurrence...LoL!! In all of my years wheeling none of the guys I know have experienced this and I've never seen this occur. We all agree it’s possible, however being possible does not mean it’s not rare.

Out of all the jeep owners out there how many are actually reporting this? It appears to be a very small percentage; therefore it’s labeled a rare occurrence.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:27 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jk201
2012 and newer come stock with evo skids. Jeep catches on sometimes!
yes they do. I ran a benchmark skid on my 2010. when I traded it in for my 2013 I order a poison spider skid. Recently slid under the jeep to install it and was surprised.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello - I broke my Evap on the trail a week ago. Don't even think I hit anything, just the pressure of the mud that bent hoses upwards and broke plastic connections to canister. Plan on getting it fixed in the next week or two.

Is they anything I need to worry about until I get it fixed? I got the P0400 light but everything else seems fine.

Quick Reply: what is the EVAP Canister?