Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

what is this wire? bugging me!!!!!

Old 04-15-2009, 06:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by batchpad2000
is this the wire? or does anyone know what this is to I do have a 7 pin trailer wire hook up on the back but i dont know if it is factory cause i bought the jeep used?
7 PIN IS NOT FACTORY

nothing wrong with it if done properly. They probaly towed a small popup or something.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rob4607
that's someones poor attempt at a wiring job, probably a positive feed to a relay for added lights. disconect it and throw it away or clean it up and hide it in the flex loom, remove the fuse and save it for future use, either way it was added by the previous owner.
thanks for reply...is that look like it used to be a winshield light wire? on the battery picture, it that fuse and the red and white wire stock? on my winshield, the bolts looks like they have ben removed and installed before....im suspecting it was the windshield lights but how come theres only one wire?
Old 04-15-2009, 06:25 PM
JK Super Freak

that blue was only the feed wire for something. Not the rest of the harness. Just take that off and start over.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TexsDream77
that blue was only the feed wire for something. Not the rest of the harness. Just take that off and start over.
ok i will...can you tell me what the rest of the harness is for? maybe i can keep it for my winshield light..i don't know. thank you

Quick Reply: what is this wire? bugging me!!!!!