Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Why do people even purchase jeeps?

Old 04-16-2016, 05:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why do people even purchase jeeps?

NO OFFENSE!

Just purchased my second JKU, 1st was bought, modified and sold back in 2012-2013 new rubicon, armor/lift/tire on order.
BTW my 2012 leaked from the factory, with the hardtop!!!!neither I nor dealer could actually correct this.

Truth be told, there's a reason I chose a wrangler for my daily driver.

With the wind noise, leaks,
creaks and cracks, handling characteristics, terrible gas mileage, no engine options, yet.

the wrangler does many things no other vehicles can, but why is it a logical choice for a DD, or only vehicle.

Given the fact I just purchased a rubi, and already am having the time of my life constructing my build. I don't even have possession of the jeep, but I have my floor liners, grab bars, overhead Molle panel with a uni

they can take you to the end of the earth when setup correctly(or survive the ever more common south Florida flash flooding) but what drives the average buyer into purchasing a Wrangler?
Old 04-16-2016, 06:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

I use it as a daily driver and find that thus a fun vehicle. I have the top down whenever possible. One of the best I ever owned

Ed
Old 04-16-2016, 06:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why do girls buy/wear shoes that are uncomfortable as shit when they could were running shoes?
Old 04-16-2016, 06:51 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Its a convertible in the summer and 4x4 for the winter. The JKU has plenty of room for 4 and groceries. The JK is just easy to get around in. I am not sure if I would daily drive one in FL though.
Old 04-16-2016, 07:07 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool It'a a way of life - a basic philosophy

I'm 77 and have been driving 4X4 vehicles, of various makes, for over 50 years. In 1998, I decided of all of the 4X4s I had owned and/or driven, I liked Jeep best, in particular - the Wrangler. Since then I have owned four Wranglers and currently drive a 2015, stock Rubicon JKU which I consider to be the best all around vehicle I have ever owned. Why? (and I will really try is short) The Wrangler represents a way of life that offers many options not available with other vehicles, and when it gets right down to the bottom line - life is all about options. The more options you have, the better your life will be. A Wrangler can do almost everything that the family sedan can do with the exception of deliver good mileage. My Rubicon delivers all of the luxury items I desire including leather seats, high end satellite radio, A/C, Garmin Navigation system, etc. It also has all of the computerized handling programs used in many high end sports sedans. That all being said, it can also take me camping anywhere I desire or up a mountainside, or across a river, or over rocks or through a mud pit, etc. In short, options without having to buy a different vehicle for each activity. If a Swiss Army Knife, Leatherman multi-tool or Casio multi-function solar powered watch makes sense to you, you will be comfortable owning and driving a Jeep Wrangler. The JKU allows you to be prepared for any adventure that life may offer at the level you can afford at that moment, and upgrade as more funding comes your way. If you look at it as just another car - you are going to end up hating it. It's more - it's a way of life. DF
Old 04-16-2016, 08:51 AM
JK Newbie

Wink Why Jeeps?

I'm '83 and owned nine various 4x4s (Scout, 2 Land Rovers, Blazer, Isuzu Trooper, Mitsu Outlander, etc) since that first new Int'l Scout back in '64. I'm on my 3rd Jeep now, after trading in the '14 Cherokee Trailhawk on the '15 JKU Altitude. This Wrangler is, far and away, the best of the nine and it was love at first drive! - Ted
Old 04-16-2016, 09:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by jkjouster
NO OFFENSE! Just purchased my second JKU, 1st was bought, modified and sold back in 2012-2013 new rubicon, armor/lift/tire on order. BTW my 2012 leaked from the factory, with the hardtop!!!!neither I nor dealer could actually correct this. Truth be told, there's a reason I chose a wrangler for my daily driver. With the wind noise, leaks, creaks and cracks, handling characteristics, terrible gas mileage, no engine options, yet. the wrangler does many things no other vehicles can, but why is it a logical choice for a DD, or only vehicle. Given the fact I just purchased a rubi, and already am having the time of my life constructing my build. I don't even have possession of the jeep, but I have my floor liners, grab bars, overhead Molle panel with a uni they can take you to the end of the earth when setup correctly(or survive the ever more common south Florida flash flooding) but what drives the average buyer into purchasing a Wrangler?
I was either going to get a resto-mod FJ40 with Vortec 5.3 V-8 or another JKUR.

Got the 2013 JKUR because:

-it is the only 4 door removable top (convertible) other than the Nissan Murano.

-it is a pretty capable off road vehicle in stock form in case of another major hurricane, or other unforeseen cataclysmic event.

-it is available with a Manual Gearbox.

-I can't justify having another motorcycle or having a motorcycle at all, so this is safer for me and for family fun.

-It is less dangerous than an FJ40.

-Unlike the FJ40, if it gets wrecked I will get closer to actual value, and parts are more readily available.

-I love the "Commando Green" color.

-It is a relatively functional small SUV with OK fuel economy relative to its performance.

-Resale is strong.

-it is addictive.
Old 04-16-2016, 10:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Its a convertible in the summer and 4x4 for the winter. The JKU has plenty of room for 4 and groceries. The JK is just easy to get around in. I am not sure if I would daily drive one in FL though.
I absolutely appreciate everyone's comments and I concur With the statements. The fact of the matter is Florida. its barely summer here and I have a jku softop rental, the heat builds up fast and it sticks around. I remember now how hot even my old jku hardtop was on a daily basis..
Old 04-16-2016, 11:10 AM
JK Newbie

I agree with all of the above.
The one thing for me after commuting with various other cars trucks, I get to work in my Jeep and I am in a good mood , i drive home in a good mood even if it was a shitty day.
The Jeep is just fun.
It's like the loving dog that can always make you smile when your sad.
It a Harley with 4 wheels.
When is the last time you seen a stone stock Harley ?
When is the last time you seen a stone stock Jeep ?
Old 04-16-2016, 11:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by the arrow1100
I agree with all of the above. The one thing for me after commuting with various other cars trucks, I get to work in my Jeep and I am in a good mood , i drive home in a good mood even if it was a shitty day. The Jeep is just fun. It's like the loving dog that can always make you smile when your sad. It a Harley with 4 wheels. When is the last time you seen a stone stock Harley ? When is the last time you seen a stone stock Jeep ?
^^I concur with the fun factor.^^

Quick Reply: Why do people even purchase jeeps?