Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

windshield seems speckled, bad glare into the sun

Old 10-03-2010, 08:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A new windshield is the only real fix.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

You can clean your windshield? Who knew? I actually do clean mine, everytime it rains, I guess you could say I am being "Green".
Old 10-05-2010, 02:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Replace the windshield or live with it. It's always been an issue, My YJ WS looks like a kalaidascope when the sun hits it.

Pat
Old 10-05-2010, 03:06 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by VaNomad0530
Well I don't know if it's the same thing, but if you have very small bubbles in your windshield, it's because you are using a glass cleaner with ammonia in it. So make sure you don't use windex with ammonia, or the like, because the ammonia will bubble the laminate in the windshield.
? I don't have any idead where you picked up that idea, but the laminate layer in the windshield is between the sheets of glass. No cleaner is going to effect that, not even hydrosulfuric acid. If you have anything getting into that laminate you have other problems.
Old 10-05-2010, 03:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know if anyone has noticed but the windshielf on any Jeep is the farthest away from aerodynamic as any vehicle could have. I'm new as a Jeep owner but every Jeep that i've ever seen has had that problem and it's simply because the particles impacting the glass don't relect of the glass at very much of an angle.

About 2 weeks after buying my Jeep, I started noticing it all over the windshield and then also noticed larger pits that have been fixed. Dealer simply said "Sorry, you drove it off the lot and it is a used vehicle" very dissappointed in that response.
Old 10-05-2010, 03:30 PM
JK Jedi

Tailgating the guy in front = pitted windshield

Quick Reply: windshield seems speckled, bad glare into the sun