Notices
Stock JL Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JL Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Rock Hard 4x4's First JL is on Order!

Old 01-23-2018, 06:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I got mine Friday night and have about 350 miles on it now. It is AMAZING! It is improved in every way.

Can't wait to see what you come up with for it!
Old 01-24-2018, 05:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't wait to see what awesome work you guys do with this! looking forward to the results!
Old 01-24-2018, 05:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by NevadaZielmeister
Is there any reason you did not go with the 2.0L Turbo? I am curious about this option. Seems everyone is split on whether this is a viable off roading engine. Granted that the 3.6L is pretty reliable and tested.

Thank you for sharing and I look forward to hearing more about your rig in the future!
Yes. First, you said it, the 3.6 is reliable and tested. Where I go, I don't want something unreliable. Also, the manual transmission is only offered with the 3.6.

I can't imagine why people would wonder if the 3.6 is a viable off road engine when it is in the most dedicated off road vehicle money can buy. There are over a million of them on the road in Wranglers. Everyone looks at the peak torque, but they have no clue that it gets 90% of its torque under 1500 rpms and keeps it nice and flat all the way up. Torque peak does not tell the whole story. This engine has one of the flattest torque curves on the market and pretty much owns the old 4.0 that many think was the ultimate off-road engine. I'm in several Jeep clubs, and I've NEVER heard that debate, at all. Everyone loves their Pentastars.

In my new JLUR, I've been extremely impressed with its power (It has about 15% more torque between 1,000 and 3,000rpms compared to the gen 1 Pentastar) and it is super smooth and quiet. It is quite fast, too. WIth the 8 speed auto, Motor Trend got 6.8 seconds zero to 60. That's the fastest production Wrangler, ever. I haven't seen numbers on the 6 speed manual, but mine feels like a rocket ship compared to any other Jeep I've driven, including a V8 conversion. The tranny and engine are perfectly matched.

I could not be happier with my engine/transmission choice. It saved me 2 grand, as well. From what I've heard, though, the 2.0 might be better. We'll see if that holds true, and if it turns out to be reliable. I'll bet it will be. I just can't see myself in a Jeep with an auto transmission, though.
Old 02-05-2018, 02:04 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Blessed. Blessed is the only word for this moment. This Jeep JL will help us build the next generation of high quality upgrades we manufacture in the USA. Now to take it home, take it apart, and take our company into the future.
Old 02-05-2018, 05:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Gorgeous! Mine is Firecracker Red, too, but with painted fenders and black top.
Old 02-09-2018, 09:54 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

She's home! 25-F and snowing, but home.

Quick Reply: Rock Hard 4x4's First JL is on Order!