Notices
Whats In Our Shop In-house builds and projects

Another Poison Spyder Build - White Russian JK

Old 05-06-2013, 03:36 PM
DTS
Former Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Poison Spyder Build - White Russian JK

A while back we received an inquiry from a customer in Russia who had seen a few of our builds online and wanted one for himself. Since we don't buy and sell vehicles, his US representative arranged to purchase the Jeep and have it dropped off here for the build, then shipped overseas.

While this definitely isn't one of our more radical projects, it does have a few nice features and some unique touches so we thought we'd share it for those who are interested. The customer wanted something that was a little more expedition-oriented without sacrificing its abilities on the tougher trails. He was most intrigued by the Rockett Rubicon build we did a couple years ago, so we set out to turn his vision into reality.

We started with a basically stock 2009 Unlimited Rubicon.

First step was to drop the axles and prep for the Rock Krawler 3.5" Max Travel Mid-Arm suspension system.

Fox Performance 2.0" aluminum body reservoir shocks.

All of the stock exterior components were removed to make way for Poison Spyder armor and bumpers, and the top was pulled off and sent to the paint shop.

Top came back body color matched white.

Old 05-06-2013, 03:37 PM
DTS
Former Member

Poison Spyder JK Bolt-Together Trail Cage was also painted body color white.

...as were the upper pieces of the Brawler Rockers.

We installed an sPOD system to manage power for all the electrical components we would be adding later.

We powdercoated the Brawler Lite Front Bumper and Brawler Lite Skid black...

...then loaded it with a Warn 9.5 CTIS winch, Poison Spyder Hawse Aluminum Fairlead and Fairlead Mount and Rigid Industries 10" E-Series LED light bar with Poison Spyder Fairlead Light Bar Mount.

It also got a pair of Rigid Industries Dually D2 LED's in the factory fog light mounting locations, via our JK LED Fog Light Adapter Kit. Then we finished off the front lighting with a pair of Trucklite LED Headlamps.

Tires are 37X12.50-R17 BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM2's. Wheels are 17 X 8.5 TrailReady HD Beadlocks.

Last edited by DTS; 05-07-2013 at 04:01 PM.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:51 PM
JK Freak

That's one bad ass Jeep. Looks great.

Sent using my SuperSmartThinky Phone
Old 05-06-2013, 04:22 PM
JK Freak

Sorry to be a bit off topic. I love the looks of the roof rack on the rockett rubi....do you guys not mass produce that or is it more special order?
Old 05-06-2013, 06:16 PM
JK Freak

How much did it cost to paint the top white?
that's exactly what I want to do
Old 05-07-2013, 07:27 AM
DTS
Former Member

Originally Posted by 951JEEP
Sorry to be a bit off topic. I love the looks of the roof rack on the rockett rubi....do you guys not mass produce that or is it more special order?
No, we do not mass produce roof racks yet. This Jeep got one, which you will see in upcoming photos. But it was built as a one-off and not designed with production in mind. We intend to get there at some point but this one was an intermediate step, its not quite there yet.

Originally Posted by Spencer4336
How much did it cost to paint the top white?
that's exactly what I want to do
I don't have those figures but pricing will vary widely from shop to shop, region to region, and how well you know or work with your paint guy.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:20 AM
JK Newbie

I thought the Sport Cage wouldn't work with the factory hard top. I have an 09 with the 3 piece hard top and am in need of a cage. Any info to help me with this would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:10 AM
DTS
Former Member

Originally Posted by bigflex
I thought the Sport Cage wouldn't work with the factory hard top. I have an 09 with the 3 piece hard top and am in need of a cage. Any info to help me with this would be greatly appreciated.
I'm not sure where you got that info from but it is incorrect.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:11 AM
DTS
Former Member

For the rear we went with the RockBrawler Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier.

We added the optional Recovery Shackle Tabs, Hi-Lift Jack Mount, and of course the Hi-Lift Jack itself. This Jeep also got the OG Tramp Stamp for JK.

Finished the rear bumper off with body color web insert and LED backup lamps.

The Front and Rear Crusher Flares were also painted body color white, while the lower part of the Brawler Rockers was powder coated black.

For this Jeep we selected the standard width Crusher Flares, as they would help deflect mud and snow better in Russia's cold, wet climate.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Nice...I like it!!

Quick Reply: Another Poison Spyder Build - White Russian JK