0%
SRC Smitty Built Roll Cage 76904
20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Jeep JK Punisher Edition Build Log Full Custom Jeep by Del Rey Customs

Old 06-15-2014, 05:18 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Suspension is installed to the recommendation of Procomp. And the instructions provided.

You guys are suggest upgrading hardware that is sold separate from the Bolt On Kit. Those Parts are additional options that can be added. That have not been added.

So when you say it's install wrong it install with the parts provided. I would say that it's installed based in Procomp Spec.

We can Improve on some hardware but it's up to the customer. If he wants to spend more money on the accessories that are not budgeted in the build.

The customer choose to shave some stuff off the original proposal. But as issues pop up we make recommendations and go from there. Like any professional shop would do.

We are not the shop that underbids a job, then jacks up the price with a bunch of add-on hardware and parts and the hold a car hostage until the customer pays.

We have provided the work that has been paid for on the business side.

The gussets weld on upside down was a call we made because we didn't have the time to pull the axel and springs off with the various other projects we have going on.

These will be fixed when the axel armor is added.

Remember we're a business and if the build budget is 75k we can't spend 80k as a shop and loose money. We can only do as much as is in the budget and all the recommendations have been noted and when we talk on Monday 3Chainz will decide what he would like to add.

The when I get the marching orders we will take the actions. I love how we have 150 responses over bolts.
Old 06-15-2014, 05:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jeep305
Also, the picture of the dudes "wife" doesn't mean this is the owner... I have actual hot bitches pose in front of my HEEP all this time
Mrs 3chainz wasn't sure how to take that - a bit rude! If your wife is hotter then good luck to you.

Last edited by 3chainz; 06-15-2014 at 05:21 PM.
Old 06-15-2014, 05:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0678.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	559903

Name:	IMG_0029.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	559912

Name:	IMG_0034.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	559913

Name:	IMG_1059.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	559905

Name:	2013-02-23_12-17-22_891.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	559906

Ask and you will receive.

Heres my Beep.

37" Goodyear Kevlar MTR's
Procomp Alloy 7069's
1.5" G2 Spacers
2.5" teraflex coils
27" shocks up front
26" rear
2.5" bumpstop all around
3" raised rear TB bracket
Custom 1.5" DOM steering linkage with GM 1-ton TRE's
Home built high steer with Artec track bar bracket
Home built Hydraulic Ram assist with 6.75" Stroke 1.5" Bore
Trussed, Gusseted and Sleeved front axle
JKS track bars F/R
Rock Krawler adjustable control arms F/R
VKS front bumper
Stubbied Rugged Ridge Rear
Riddler diff covers F/R
Rancho oil pan skid
Home built axle back exhaust
Bed lined tub
Properly installed sway bar end links
Best top full soft doors
48" hi lift on some hood mounts

Everything done by me, welding included

Last edited by D_engel; 06-15-2014 at 05:57 PM.
Old 06-15-2014, 05:23 PM
JK Junkie

Last edited by D_engel; 06-15-2014 at 05:49 PM. Reason: keeping thread on track
Old 06-15-2014, 05:25 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 3chainz
Mrs 3chainz wasn't sure how to take that - a bit rude! If your wife is hotter then good luck to you.
3chainz, If you want the exhaust to pop and crackle when you lay off the throttle, looks into removing the resonator. Itll be an easy job. Just chop the pipe and splice in another piece of tube.

And don't stress. Your wife is hot
Old 06-15-2014, 05:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 3chainz

She is, a typical Miami born Colombian woman.... 5'1" 110lbs, personal trainer, blah blah blah. 3 kids and a baseball mom. But hey, just proving a point, post her up in front of your cars you named in the middle of the thread. Never mind, you don't need to post crap... Good luck with you RIG!
Old 06-15-2014, 05:49 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by meep97
Ruffstuff Offset Tie Rod
Adam's 1310 Front Driveshaft
Nitro Gear Chromemoly Rear Axle Shafts
C-Gussets (properly installed)
God damn Meep. That's a damn fine list. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you didn't spend $75k on that PROPER setup?
Old 06-15-2014, 05:53 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Del Rey Customs
Suspension is installed to the recommendation of Procomp. And the instructions provided.

You guys are suggest upgrading hardware that is sold separate from the Bolt On Kit. Those Parts are additional options that can be added. That have not been added.

So when you say it's install wrong it install with the parts provided. I would say that it's installed based in Procomp Spec.

We can Improve on some hardware but it's up to the customer. If he wants to spend more money on the accessories that are not budgeted in the build.

The customer choose to shave some stuff off the original proposal. But as issues pop up we make recommendations and go from there. Like any professional shop would do.

We are not the shop that underbids a job, then jacks up the price with a bunch of add-on hardware and parts and the hold a car hostage until the customer pays.

We have provided the work that has been paid for on the business side.

The gussets weld on upside down was a call we made because we didn't have the time to pull the axel and springs off with the various other projects we have going on.

These will be fixed when the axel armor is added.

Remember we're a business and if the build budget is 75k we can't spend 80k as a shop and loose money. We can only do as much as is in the budget and all the recommendations have been noted and when we talk on Monday 3Chainz will decide what he would like to add.

The when I get the marching orders we will take the actions. I love how we have 150 responses over bolts.
Takes too long to do it right and some washers would have put you over budget. Makes sense.
Old 06-15-2014, 05:59 PM
JK Freak

Shit, I hope not. If I spent $75k I'd AT LEAST have coil overs.
Old 06-15-2014, 06:00 PM
JK Freak

I'm just laughing because the build is only half way done. It basically together for 3chainz to drive so he can see if the 100+ recommendation are valid or issues that need to be addressed. Probably the reason why people get pissed at you. Potential customers and you’re laughing at their responses. Probably not the best advice I would give someone looking to advance their clientele.

When it goes back to the paint shop for touch up and back to mechanic there a list of things that are going be changed or adjusted.

Basically this is a test run. I think considering some of the workmanship I’ve seen, this is not a test run….this is your best run, before there is any real pressure applied to weld joints that are shoddy, missing washers, cam bolts, etc.

Also anyone who has done any moderate to heavy off-roading does not put Forgi on a 6 inch. Nobody that does MILD offroading uses those wheels.

Any one who has ever done any off roading knows Once you go off road things will break even on the most we'll build rigs. Watch any rock crawling video (been watching a few) and past truck races even the best build rigs are liable to fail when pushed to the limit. Not every truck finish the race lots of DNF. Nothing is bullet proof. Yup, and we turn around and fix them ourselves. Maybe watching King of the Hammers is not a good place to start when considering your rigs’ options and making those kinds of comparisons. I’m not completely convinced that Jeep could go over a simple curb at 5 mph without stressing components. It’s one thing cruising at 40 mph on Melrose, and entirely another performing maneuvers you would see in just about any Project-JK video ( if you haven’t seen one of those videos, I encourage you to do so; it might make you understand this community a bit better).

When I was at hooper rear end, they had several jeep build by various shop there with broken axel, bent brackets, broken ball joints,stripped splines, failed lockers. They have racks of failed parts and not just jeep but other trucks as well. If you go hard there is a chance thing will bend, snap, break, and come out of alignment. That's just the facts of off road driving. Hell you can watch 100's of fail video on youtube pick a part and type fail and boom a YT video.

Procomp is a great lift for on road driving and "mall crawling" and is very popular in Southern California. Any lift under the right conditions has the possibility that it will fail. Not to mention Procomp has a race team that is located in Compton. I doubt a large organization has no engineers or no development department who is liable to lawsuits and has to get patents and approvals. Not to mention 4WP probably does more lifts in a year than anyone in the industry nation wide. Procomp is not a great lift, street or otherwise. Spend some time posting with our Socal members in the Staging Area. See what people in the know have in their Jeeps. Look through their profiles. I don’t think you have a grasp on where you are and who we are. In the most simplistic of terms, we’re Zombie-fightin’ Hummer-hatin’ mother*******. Deal.

There are a lot of shop owner posing as members that say they can do it better. Cool post some photos, and if your making your own custom lifts. This is if to say you have made a custom lift. This is not a custom lift. It is a catalog build. That’s ok, so is mine, but I’m not passing myself off as some top notch fabricator, because I’m not.

I have check out some of your sites, and there a lot of the main stream parts listed on your sponsored sits.

You do realize everything is coming back apart in a two weeks.

I just recommend the owner to drive it to see if there was anything more we need to add or change. IF there is anything else we nned to change. Buddy, you have page after page of things that people have told you to change, including myself. Have you heeded their responses even once?

Side note....

As a joke I left a small price of cardboard on top of the king shock in the upper mount on the rear to see if anyone would catch it. But nobody did....It was so small, you didn’t catch it either.

Please post some photo of your current builds. I'm very interested to see what this thread picks apart on them. Don't be afraid. They will always bite. My build is posted in my profile, as is most everybody else. My build has many, many photos of the build in progress. All you have to do is look. My Jeep on my block is an absolute monster….on here, ehhhh, not so much. But here’s the deal, your Jeep wouldn’t last probably a 100 feet on Cleghorn, and wouldn’t probably get through Gatekeeper at all without some catastrophic component failure. Now the question must be posed, at what point does that Jeep fail under normal driving conditions, given the manner in which it was put together. I can’t answer that, and just as important, neither can you. I’ve driven my Jeep on some of the most difficult trails California has to offer, then drive it the very next day to work. The proof is in the pudding. Your build is a long way from pudding.

Please…..

Look back through this post and its tone. You chastise those that condemn you, but you have yet to realize you are your own worst enemy, and this comes from a guy that is no stranger to controversial matters. I kinda put myself out on a limb by stating I didn’t appreciate some of our own comments, but you’re over there tossing gas on the fire. Please tell me you are not amazed at the treatment you’ve received here.

Last edited by DesolationMania; 06-15-2014 at 06:05 PM.