Originally Posted by Bypass
Old 06-15-2014, 01:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The tribe has spoken....
Old 06-15-2014, 01:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Also, the picture of the dudes "wife" doesn't mean this is the owner... I have actual hot bitches pose in front of my HEEP all this time. Saturn probably drove this hunk of crap over to the local mall and had so soccer mom stand in front of it and gave her $20 to smile... How about getting the same lady to stand in front of the jeep at the shop with your other cars you named 3chainz. I still call your BS and believe 3chainz doesn't exist.
Old 06-15-2014, 01:57 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Del Rey Customs
Think we're good keep pick it apart guys.

Keep on going I am starting to think most of you have never lifted a jeep nor done this much work on one.

Everything solid and installed to Manufacture Spec and have had the engineers at Procomp look it over to be sure it's safe.

Keep the rumor alive it's a death trap because it's far from.

Are you not entertained because I am. LoL

Happy Fathers Day!
Ummmmmmm…….ok. You might want to spend some time looking around this forum. I would say the majority of us have not only done our own lifts, but we've had more than one lift system on the same vehicle over time. From that, you learn about things you did right, and some things you could do better. That's the great thing about our community….there is always someone who has "been there done that" you can learn from. I have gotten nothing but great advice from folks here, and have found them easy and pleasant when it comes to parting with that information. I think it depends on the approach.

He didn't call the Jeep a death trap. He stated a concern over death wobble, which is a huge and dangerous issue for Jeeps when steering/components are not installed correctly.

I think the best thing for you to do here is walk away from this hopefully more knowledgeable and try to prevent some of these mistakes in the future, not only from physically installing components but your thought process as well ( it was very obvious to everyone on here you had no clue how to differentiate the 5.13 gear ratio from actually having lockers within the axle). But to attack people as what would presumably be one of your last posts shows very little class, and I would hope you don't do it again. Best of luck to you.

Last edited by DesolationMania; 06-15-2014 at 02:23 PM.
Old 06-15-2014, 02:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jeep305
Also, the picture of the dudes "wife" doesn't mean this is the owner... I have actual hot bitches pose in front of my HEEP all this time. Saturn probably drove this hunk of crap over to the local mall and had so soccer mom stand in front of it and gave her $20 to smile... How about getting the same lady to stand in front of the jeep at the shop with your other cars you named 3chainz. I still call your BS and believe 3chainz doesn't exist.
This. "3chainz" didn't show up until this build was getting really torn into. Then "3chainz" writes a novel to express his profound love of the jeep despite several things being incredibly and very obviously wrong. Also, what kind of grown man calls themselves "3chainz?" This reeks of another employee or friend trying to help put this fire out. This is the most entertaining thing I've ever seen on here.
Old 06-15-2014, 02:13 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Del Rey Customs
Think we're good keep pick it apart guys.

Keep on going I am starting to think most of you have never lifted a jeep nor done this much work on one.

Everything solid and installed to Manufacture Spec and have had the engineers at Procomp look it over to be sure it's safe.

Keep the rumor alive it's a death trap because it's far from.

Are you not entertained because I am. LoL

Happy Fathers Day!
Says the shop building its first Jeep.

You do realize you're on a forum dedicated to Jeeps correct? There are many people here who could easily be considered an expert by industry standards when it comes to Jeeps. For you to come on here and attempt to belittle the community shows your inexperience. You've let your ego get in the way and now you're ignoring legitimate and well documented safety concerns just to try and prove someone else wrong. Never before have I seen someone so reluctant to address issues that others have pointed out. Sure, some people have brought concerns that could cost money to fix, but others are pointing out simple things, like, you're crushing a bolt into a bushing, and you still refuse to fix it? A simple "Oh shit, missed that when putting it on. We'll have our guys go throw a washer on it and properly torque it ASAP!" and people would have given you a and moved on.

I admit, I'm no expert on Jeeps. In fact, I'm new to the scene; but that's why I'm here. I know that I can trust the years of experience from other members to point me in the right direction and help me make educated decisions.

I think the one thing I can take solace in is that you paid a large amount of money to become a forum sponsor to help warn our community to avoid your shop at all costs.

Maybe next time you can teach us how to install power windows. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uG6grzdUf8

Last edited by ShadowBlade72; 06-15-2014 at 02:20 PM.
Old 06-15-2014, 02:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DesolationMania

Ummmmmmm…….ok. You might want to spend some time looking around this forum. I would say the majority of us have not only done our own lifts, but we've had more than one lift system on the same vehicle over time. From that, you learn about things you did right, and some things you could do better. That's the great thing about our community….there is always someone who has "been there done that" you can learn from. I have gotten nothing but great advice from folks here, and have found them easy and pleasant when it comes to parting with that information. I think it depends on the approach.

He didn't call the Jeep a death trap. He stated a concern over death wobble, which is a huge and dangerous issues for Jeeps when steering/components are not installed correctly.

I think the best thing for you to do here is walk away from this hopefully more knowledgeable and try to prevent some of these mistakes in the future, not only from physically installing components but your thought process as well ( it was very obvious to everyone on here you had no clue how to differentiate the 5.13 gear ratio from actually having lockers within the axle). But to attack people as what would presumably be one of your last posts shows very little class, and I would hope you don't do it again. Best of luck to you.
Right on... I don't blame the guy for getting upset. I just think he should own up to the BS and listen to folks and not claim to have consulted engineers... You nailed it with the gears/ lockers crap, there were countless other dead give always too. What twisted my nipples the most was the ass kissing free light giveaway. Give me a break, that crap isn't going to win people over, how about you post the free giveaway before people started calling you out?
Old 06-15-2014, 02:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pjay37

This. "3chainz" didn't show up until this build was getting really torn into. Then "3chainz" writes a novel to express his profound love of the jeep despite several things being incredibly and very obviously wrong. Also, what kind of grown man calls themselves "3chainz?" This reeks of another employee or friend trying to help put this fire out. This is the most entertaining thing I've ever seen on here.
EXACTLY!!! I just can't stand liars, even if they do pay for the thread! I could smell the pile of BS all the way from dade county down here in Miami.... I didn't know crap about JK's until I got on this site, it's members are full of experience and willing to share their constructive valuable opinions at any time. 3chainz, please tell us how much more money you have to put on your black card to correct this rolling pile of .....
Old 06-15-2014, 03:34 PM
Former Vendor

I'm just laughing because the build is only half way done. It basically together for 3chainz to drive so he can see if the 100+ recommendation are valid or issues that need to be addressed.

When it goes back to the paint shop for touch up and back to mechanic there a list of things that are going be changed or adjusted

Basically this is a test run.

Also anyone who has done any moderate to heavy off-roading does not put Forgi on a 6 inch.

Any one who has ever done any off roading knows Once you go off road things will break even on the most we'll build rigs. Watch any rock crawling video (been watching a few) and past truck races even the best build rigs are liable to fail when pushed to the limit. Not every truck finish the race lots of DNF. Nothing is bullet proof.

When I was at hooper rear end, they had several jeep build by various shop there with broken axel, bent brackets, broken ball joints,stripped splines, failed lockers. They have racks of failed parts and not just jeep but other trucks as well. If you go hard there is a chance thing will bend, snap, break, and come out of alignment. That's just the facts of off road driving. Hell you can watch 100's of fail video on youtube pick a part and type fail and boom a YT video.

Procomp is a great lift for on road driving and "mall crawling" and is very popular in Southern California. Any lift under the right conditions has the possibility that it will fail. Not to mention Procomp has a race team that is located in Compton. I doubt a large organization has no engineers or no development department who is liable to lawsuits and has to get patents and approvals. Not to mention 4WP probably does more lifts in a year than anyone in the industry nation wide.

There are a lot of shop owner posing as members that say they can do it better. Cool post some photos, and if your making your own custom lifts.

I have check out some of your sites, and there a lot of the main stream parts listed on your sponsored sits.

You do realize everything is coming back apart in a two weeks.

I just recommend the owner to drive it to see if there was anything more we need to add or change.

Side note....

As a joke I left a small price of cardboard on top of the king shock in the upper mount on the rear to see if anyone would catch it. But nobody did....

Please post some photo of your current builds. I'm very interested to see what this thread picks apart on them. Don't be afraid. They will always bite.

Please