SRC Smitty Built Roll Cage 76904
20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Jeep JK Punisher Edition Build Log Full Custom Jeep by Del Rey Customs

Old 06-15-2014, 03:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Del Rey Customs
I'm just laughing because the build is half ass done.
Fixed that for you.
Old 06-15-2014, 03:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have personal friends who work at HQ in Compton. No real engineers there. And the lifts they do are 99.9% trucks that are usually independent front suspension and also will never go off pavement.

The Pro Comp Jeep lifts are complete and total shit, no matter how bad you want to believe otherwise.

4wheel parts is the Wal-Mart of off road. They have great prices BUT, trying to go off their advice for Jeep lifts is like asking the woman in the Wal-Mart deli for proper dietary nutritional advice.
Old 06-15-2014, 03:55 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He laughing because he will probably get away with ripping this guy off. I don't think 3chainz on here is the real owner. If he is then he is obviously as big a moron as the builder. Any sane half intelligent person would have to question this builder after the advice received on this thread by a numerous amount of people.

Although he shouldn't be laughing cause I'm sure he might lose some business over this build. I was pulling for you kind if in the beginning although I didn't agree with some of the things being done (wasn't my taste really). But now after seeing some of the recent work, a lot of the previous bashing is well justified. You clearly have no clue what you are doing. I'm still learning bout jeeps and stuff also but if I had a shop do some of the crap on my jeep that you have done here, I would definitely be getting some money back and taking to a shop that actually knows something.
Old 06-15-2014, 03:58 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Collyn
ahh. Yep have it happen several times a year. Just last January Two Chainz stopped in. Said,"Buy me a new Mercedes Sprinter 3500. And flex your muscle on it." I flexed it to about $235,000. He drove it to the Super Bowl. And everywhere between here and there.
I thought the member name was a joke to "1 up" Collyn.
Old 06-15-2014, 04:05 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ShadowBlade72

Maybe next time you can teach us how to install power windows. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uG6grzdUf8
Shadowblade...I'm still laughing!
Old 06-15-2014, 04:10 PM
JK Freak

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1402876520453.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	559891
That's how it sits now. Rock crawler control arms, track bars, rrd 2.0 shocks, 3.5" triple rate coils. Synergy drag link(flipped) and tie rod. Artec front and rear axle trusses, gussetts, rear coil perches, front and rear track bar brackets, Artec 3 link mount for Rock Krawler rear 3 link. Poison Spyder D44 bombshell diff covers front and rear, rubi lockers, 5.13 gears, York 210 air compressor, pure jeep rocker guards, evo protec skids, crown 5 layer ss brake lines(the colored outer layer is coming off) a shit ton of electric mods, power locks with keyless entry, complete auxiliary electric system, custom fiberglass upper dash panel. I don't really feel like listing any more. Apart from the gears and welding, I did this shit myself with info from this forum. Huge props to guys like planman and joe002 as well as the other awesome vendors and members for answering questions and providing info whenever I needed help. I'm working on building my own stuff now because well I can.
Old 06-15-2014, 04:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Now he's claiming that they're leaving stuff in pictures to see if anyone catches it? Sure thing. Convenient way to claim a screw up was a joke. So freaking sad.
Old 06-15-2014, 04:52 PM
JK Freak

Please post some photo of your current builds. I'm very interested to see what this thread picks apart on them. Don't be afraid. They will always bite.

Please
Ruffstuff Offset Tie Rod
Adam's 1310 Front Driveshaft
Nitro Gear Chromemoly Rear Axle Shafts
C-Gussets (properly installed)
DynoMax Evolution Exhaust
5.13 Gears
Eaton E-locker
Metalcloak 2.5" Coil Springs
Metalcloak Front Lower Control Arms
OME Long Travel Shocks
OME Steering Stabilizer
Synergy SS Clamp
JKS Front Adj. Trackbar
Teraflex 2.5" Bumpstops
Teraflex Rear 2.5" TrackBar Bracket
Crown Automotive Extended Brakelines
Currie Anti-Rock Front Swaybar
XD Addicts 17" Wheels
Synergy 1.75" Wheel Spacers
Nitto Trail Grapplers 37/12.50/17
Solid Axle Diff. Covers F/R
M.O.R.E Front Bumper
M.O.R.E Flat Fenders
Genright Tire Carrier
EVO D-ring Mounts
Rock Slide Engineering Sliders
Kilby Evap Relocation Kit
Hanma Dually Cree LEDs
Hanma 24" Cree LED Light Bar
Hanma 2" Cree LED Work Light
Walmart Rock Light Mod
Freedom Hardtop
Bestop Trektop NX
Rock Hard Ultimate Sports Cage
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep2.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	559898   Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep3.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	559899   Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep4.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	559900  
Old 06-15-2014, 04:54 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm just laughing because the build is only half way done. It basically together for 3chainz to drive so he can see if the 100+ recommendation are valid or issues that need to be addressed.

When it goes back to the paint shop for touch up and back to mechanic there a list of things that are going be changed or adjusted

Basically this is a test run.

Also anyone who has done any moderate to heavy off-roading does not put Forgi on a 6 inch.

Any one who has ever done any off roading knows Once you go off road things will break even on the most we'll build rigs. Watch any rock crawling video (been watching a few) and past truck races even the best build rigs are liable to fail when pushed to the limit. Not every truck finish the race lots of DNF. Nothing is bullet proof.

When I was at hooper rear end, they had several jeep build by various shop there with broken axel, bent brackets, broken ball joints,stripped splines, failed lockers. They have racks of failed parts and not just jeep but other trucks as well. If you go hard there is a chance thing will bend, snap, break, and come out of alignment. That's just the facts of off road driving. Hell you can watch 100's of fail video on youtube pick a part and type fail and boom a YT video.

Procomp is a great lift for on road driving and "mall crawling" and is very popular in Southern California. Any lift under the right conditions has the possibility that it will fail. Not to mention Procomp has a race team that is located in Compton. I doubt a large organization has no engineers or no development department who is liable to lawsuits and has to get patents and approvals. Not to mention 4WP probably does more lifts in a year than anyone in the industry nation wide.

There are a lot of shop owner posing as members that say they can do it better. Cool post some photos, and if your making your own custom lifts.

I have check out some of your sites, and there a lot of the main stream parts listed on your sponsored sits.

You do realize everything is coming back apart in a two weeks.

I just recommend the owner to drive it to see if there was anything more we need to add or change.

Side note....

As a joke I left a small price of cardboard on top of the king shock in the upper mount on the rear to see if anyone would catch it. But nobody did....

Please post some photo of your current builds. I'm very interested to see what this thread picks apart on them. Don't be afraid. They will always bite.

Please
So it's ok to install suspension components incorrectly and have the owner drive it because you're still going to do some body work in a couple weeks? In what world does that make sense? No one caught the cardboard you hid in the top of the shock mount because there is so much wrong with everything else no one is going to notice that when it's out of focus and out of the way. You posted this as a show off of this super amazing big budget build you were doing and you failed horribly. You and your installers very clearly don't know what you're doing. The C gussets coming off in 2 weeks for body touch ups? What a clown.
Click image for larger version

Name:	zCjFj94.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	559901
Old 06-15-2014, 05:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 14Sport
I thought the member name was a joke to "1 up" Collyn.
Yes it was. I don't really call myself 3chainz - like in a bar or anything! lol