Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I sagging too much?

Old 09-25-2014, 07:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good to know, thanks!

I think I'll be going with the 3.5" triple rate RK coils
Old 09-25-2014, 08:37 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice !!!!! Great coil.

2007 Rubicon /2 door/6 speed
Old 01-13-2015, 10:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Continuing my troubles with the coil situation. I did end up replacing the coils with 3.5" RK's in December.

Turns out my zone springs were not really sagging all that much since it seems to sit a bit lower. The rear is actually sitting on the bump stops now. Mind you the springs feel a lot better and you don't get the sway of the Jeep going over bumps, I like the springs. Just wish I didn't loose that much height. I run a full width LOD with tire carrier, 35" mud grapler on the spare, 4 fuel rotopax and tool boxes in the back. So my rear end weight is a bit high which I understand.

My first step before finding a solution for the height is to sort out this crooked spring issue. They seem to be shifted a bit sideways but even with the track bar bracket in the rear, my tire sits more out on the driver side then passenger. Adj track bar should right this.

The coils though, not sure. Upper control arms I am thinking?

Pictures are of the rear passenger spring.
Click image for larger version

Name:	OgqdFZKh.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	679777

Name:	NYupiTPh.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	679778

Name:	qhuYGnKh.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	679779

Photos of before and after: http://imgur.com/a/hbWQ7
Old 01-13-2015, 01:33 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_Qp7L_eTqU Here's a video that you might want to watch.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_Qp7L_eTqU Here's a video that you might want to watch.
Some good info! Thanks.
Old 01-13-2015, 02:59 PM
JK Super Freak

I'll have to check it out when I get home, no audio at work.
Old 01-13-2015, 04:12 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is the back sitting on the bumps on both sides or just the passenger? How much weight do you have in the back in tools? Something is off here, there's no reason the springs should be that compressed at ride height.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:03 PM
JK Super Freak

I was working on the Jeep at the time and though the tire carrier might of swayed the one side a bit more but no. I went out now and checked it out and weight everything.

Passenger side rear is basically touching. Driver side rear has about 1-1.5" between the bump stop and bump spacer.

Weight wise it wasn't as bad as I though. All in all everything is about 110lbs. (Tools, recovery gear, small electrical toolbox, spare parts, overnight duffel, first aid kit). The heaviest being the tools is lashed down in the center so the weight is pretty even side to side in the Jeep. Nothing heavy on one side or the other. Fuel is a bit under three quarters.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TeraFlex

Here's a video that you might want to watch.
That was a good video. Very informative, thanks!
Old 01-14-2015, 03:16 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vladimer
I was working on the Jeep at the time and though the tire carrier might of swayed the one side a bit more but no. I went out now and checked it out and weight everything. Passenger side rear is basically touching. Driver side rear has about 1-1.5" between the bump stop and bump spacer. Weight wise it wasn't as bad as I though. All in all everything is about 110lbs. (Tools, recovery gear, small electrical toolbox, spare parts, overnight duffel, first aid kit). The heaviest being the tools is lashed down in the center so the weight is pretty even side to side in the Jeep. Nothing heavy on one side or the other. Fuel is a bit under three quarters.
do rock krawler springs have a part number on them?

Quick Reply: Am I sagging too much?