Notices
Jeeping Lifestyle Post your wheeling adventures and JK trail experiences!

Going Topless?!: What is the craziest thing that happened to you?

Old 10-17-2014, 06:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Today, I went to pick up my prescription for an eye infection I have and decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather by going topless with no doors. Had to turn around when I got half way home because my eye drops flew out of the jeep and then try explain to my doctor I wasn't abusing or selling prescription eye drops... Took about 10 minutes but he eventually laughed.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:57 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by theguitarkiller
Weatherman said there was no chance for rain...weather app said no chance for rain...went to work with no top and no doors...3.5" of rain later...quickly found where the drain plugs were located!!!
From one working outside my whole life,I have always said the weatherman is the only one that can be wrong 90% of the time and not get fired...Call for 90% chance of rain never a drop/ call for 10% chance and rain all day....lol
Old 10-17-2014, 07:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tooadvanced
F that!!! I was in shower other day and a black widow came crawling in atleast that size and I went into combat mode. Naked in shower reach out and grap newest (now wet and ruined) 4wheeler mag and bottle of shampoo. We battle for about 2 minutes (she was crawling back and forth on opposite sides of curtain) til I finally got her knocked to ground and gf smashed it with my new shoes lol. Her (spiders)man was watching whole thing from corner of ceiling. Haha grapped stick lighter and burned his ass.
Brutal.
Old 10-18-2014, 06:41 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 08leocon
From one working outside my whole life,I have always said the weatherman is the only one that can be wrong 90% of the time and not get fired...Call for 90% chance of rain never a drop/ call for 10% chance and rain all day....lol
Amen brotha!!
Old 03-26-2015, 11:05 AM
JK Newbie

I bought my first Jeep in February and the first weekend I had it we got a heat wave of 70 degrees.......hardtop and doors off pure heaven......... forgot to put it back on and Monday morning it was 30 degrees and I didn't have time to put it back together before the mile 45 mile trip back and forth to work..... drove with winter coat and gloves and smiled and waved at everyone on the highway!
Old 03-26-2015, 11:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a semi topless adventure that happened to me while in my 74 blazer which has greatly impacted my behaviour with my new jeep!

My friends and i had been cruising one saturday night and on the way home it started pouring down outside. As long as we kept moving over 30mph we stayed dry. Drove quickly into the shop and we lowered the top onto the blazer and went inside house. Next day i came out and made some engine adjustments and went to take it for test drive to test my adjustments. Went a mile down road about 90 mph. All was well. Turned around and floored it on the way back. I hit 80 and all of a sudden my ears pop and a milisecond later my spare tire that had been laying behind the rear seat just landed on my shoulder.

U ever have a 35" mud tire with steel rim land on ur shoulder after it had jumped over the roll bar? Me either.

Im still rolling 80 and holding my shoulder and looking at tire....asking myself how did it get up and jump over the roll cage...and how did it fit inbetween the roll cage and the roof? I look up and there is no roof-anywhere.

No roof in mirrors, no roof on truck....hmmmm where did 400 lbs of roof go?

I looked to my left and a geoup of kids are pointing up into the sky above me and i look way up. The roof is spinning end over end 5 car lengths above me and falling fast back to me. I punch it and see the top land on road behind me just missing my tailgate.

I make it a point with my jeep that when the top is put on, before i walk away the screws are install at same time. No matter how busy i may be. What an expense education i got.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1057013133.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	603336  
Old 03-26-2015, 11:40 AM
JK Freak

Here is a pic of the top after it blew off. It landed on the ground just the way it is sitting in this pic.
The sides flattened on impact and made the top unrepairable without major fiberglass skills. Stupid rare top. Stupid owner. Put bolts in next time dummy.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1139944863.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	603343  
Old 04-02-2015, 06:28 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Earth Siege
Here is a pic of the top after it blew off. It landed on the ground just the way it is sitting in this pic. The sides flattened on impact and made the top unrepairable without major fiberglass skills. Stupid rare top. Stupid owner. Put bolts in next time dummy.
I rode all winter without bolts in...realized that yesterday when putting the soft top on! *doh*
Old 04-02-2015, 09:33 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by theguitarkiller
I rode all winter without bolts in...realized that yesterday when putting the soft top on! *doh*
The ttops and unique airflow this jeep has is why u still have a top. Lucky indeed.
Old 04-03-2015, 12:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Last summer (about 3 weeks after I got the Jeep) I had the top off and had an afternoon football practice. During practice it went from a beautiful summers day to dark and cloudy in about 15 minutes. So I'm here at practice all worried waiting for it to be over so I can get home. Starts raining lightly as soon as practice ends so I sprint up from our practice fields and to my Jeep. I never drove so fast on a backroad again hahah.

Of course that was when I first got it. Later that summer my friend and I decided to go kayaking down the river. Had to take the top off to strap the kayaks to the roll cage. I luckily put the T-Tops on without the back because it down poured and thunder stormed before we even got to our spot. So we got off the river, ran two miles to his truck, then drove the 20+ miles back to my Jeep to find 3" of rain water in the bottom. I loved it though and I'm sure it'll happen again this summer!

Quick Reply: Going Topless?!: What is the craziest thing that happened to you?