Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

CB Mount Location

Old 10-22-2006, 10:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CB Mount Location

One of my first mods is going to be putting my CB in my new Jeep. In the TJ, my CB was mounted on the under the glovebox on the passenger side and the antenna was mounted on a bracket that mounted behind my right rear taillight.

Anyone have any ideas or pics on where to mount your bd and antenna on the new JK's relatively cheaply? I saw one that used a lug on your rear tire but looking for other ideas...
Old 10-22-2006, 11:03 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

On my TJ, I have a Cobra 75WXST with the main box mounted behind the glove box and the handset mounted just to the right of the steering wheel. I also have an external speaker attached to the center roll bar. I may go this route again with my JK unless I can get my hands on a good roll cage like the Rock Hard that I have in my TJ. If I can find one, I think I would prefer to mount the CB overhead on the center T-Bars. This way, I can get more option on the CB like a PA and the speaker would be located in a place that would be best to hear.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I might be a moron, but what does a CB radio do? All I know is "street racers" put them in their cars to know where the cops are. I'm coming from a whole different scene so I'm still learning.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:36 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by ThrottleJunkie
I might be a moron, but what does a CB radio do? All I know is "street racers" put them in their cars to know where the cops are. I'm coming from a whole different scene so I'm still learning.
LOL!! :o CB radios are great for communicating on a long dusty trail especially when you're with a big group.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:43 PM
JK Newbie

Well that would make perfect sense then, wouldn't it? I always wondered how the guys from The Fast and the Furious got the message out when cops were on their way. Dont get me wrong, the street racing scene is cool and all but it gets boring here in Cleveland cuz there aren't as many fast cars with ballsy drivers as there are woods/trails. A lot less dangerous too. 3 tickets = ugly insurance bill.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was planning on mounting mine under the driver seat. This is where I had my CB mounted in my '04 Rubicon. Plenty of room and out of the way. I only use the CB for communicating on the trails so I don't need to be able to see it. We pretty much always use channel 4.

Mounting the antenna is whole other issue... :confused: Haven't seen any kind of bracket that I want to attach to my new JK. To make things worse, I need to mount two antennas. One for the CB and another for my ham rig.

Anyone have any ideas for the antenna?
Old 10-25-2006, 12:12 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by jdrogers
Mounting the antenna is whole other issue... :confused: Haven't seen any kind of bracket that I want to attach to my new JK. To make things worse, I need to mount two antennas. One for the CB and another for my ham rig.

Once I get my JK, I'm gonna look at the factory spare tire mount to see if I can work anything on to it or make a bracket that attaches to it. That's what I did on my TJ anyway.
Old 10-25-2006, 05:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

On my TJ I used the TeraFlex mounts which I liked. I was hoping they would come out with something for the JK soon.

Old 10-30-2006, 01:12 PM
JK Super Freak

FYI, I just ordered a new Cobra 75 WXST, with a universal mount, I have measured and I am going to temporarily mount a stud type mount on the spare tire carrier, fish the wire through the existing grommet that is there for the brake light. This will allow me to remount when I get teh new bumper with built in tire mount! Then mount the hidden "brains" behind the glove box and tap into one if the existing accessory plug constant hot 12v wires for power. Did something similar on my WJ, and it worked perfectly. Just have no need for a large box taking up room in the cab. I also will use a 3' firestick antenna which should just give me 1' above the roof for good reception. hope to have all the parts in by friday, and install on saturday. Will let everyone know how it goes, but looks fairly easy (famous last words!). I already opened the glove box and tons of room there and there is also enough room in the center console as a 2nd choice.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:04 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jdrogers
I was planning on mounting mine under the driver seat. This is where I had my CB mounted in my '04 Rubicon. Plenty of room and out of the way. I only use the CB for communicating on the trails so I don't need to be able to see it. We pretty much always use channel 4.

Keep us posted on that, I also will be adding a ham radio to my setup soon. I already have the radio, just need to get off my butt and take the test so I can use it.

Quick Reply: CB Mount Location