Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

~~~Cheap and easy LED Rock Lights!~~~

Old 07-20-2009, 04:28 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by patsav
I like these but living where I do , I gotto ask .... How would they handle being exposed to snow, slush, rain, dirt, mud, etc .....??
Totally sealed no water in any form will effect them. 100% sealed you can mount these on a boat hull under water or a pool and never have issues with water damage. Now with the mud you just need to wipe the lens off with your finger if the lens gets blocked with mud. Now in the rain is cool because the way I have them mounted on the flares. The water will tend to drip from the leds (since they are the lowest point.) and with the leds turned on it will cause a fiber optic effect and a "string of light" will drip\run off of them..

I installed these on 4\11\09 and wanted to run them for a bit before giving my opinion on them. They have seen every type of weather so far and not a single issue with them. Other than me breaking one off with a tree branch. But knowing I can fix them for $2.99 is sweet piece of mind!!

Last edited by whpony96; 07-20-2009 at 04:36 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Looks like a very low cost and very efficient light mod. Nice clean install that is so simple,"even a caveman can do it". I like this mod. I have not wheeled at night but this is such a low cost that I just might install these for the chance of a night run or a repair late at night. Thanks whpony96 ... bookmarked
Old 07-20-2009, 04:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

we need night pics
Old 07-20-2009, 05:44 PM
JK Junkie

See post one is night pics.....or do you mean night run pics?
Old 07-20-2009, 05:52 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by MFX
Definitely the nicest rock light setup that I've seen so far
I don't have any need for rock lights but I like these so much I feel like installing them just for the hell of it.
You know these come in handy when airing back up from a night run! Another thing is if you break something at night you can see under your rig without using a flash light. Also If your trail leader on a run it makes it nice for everyone to see your rig better.

These are insanely bright when parked in snow! Once we get snow again I will post pics.. (And by no means am I hoping for it yet!)
Old 07-20-2009, 05:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is very nice. Did you just run all the lights to 1 set of wires (1xpos, 1xgrnd) then run up into the jeep and connected to 1 switch?

Or do you have a switch for just the fronts, then the back?
Old 07-20-2009, 06:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

when i fuirst looked at it it was defintely day pics
he msut of switched em
Old 07-20-2009, 06:14 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by TheBeatenPath
when i fuirst looked at it it was defintely day pics
he must of switched em
Nope same pics the 3rd post is day pics though..
Old 07-20-2009, 06:24 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by sclan
This is very nice. Did you just run all the lights to 1 set of wires (1xpos, 1xgrnd) then run up into the jeep and connected to 1 switch?

Or do you have a switch for just the fronts, then the back?
Correct (1xpos, 1xgrnd) and a single switch but you can easily split it up if you wanted too. I just wanted to hit one switch to activate them all at once.

Also no relay needed since the current draw is so low. But definitely use a fuse with a low rating! (I used a 5 amp blade type)
Old 07-20-2009, 06:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by whpony96
Nope same pics the 3rd post is day pics though..
ohh i forgot my browse r on this website likes to move down past the first post ur right

dedede

Quick Reply: ~~~Cheap and easy LED Rock Lights!~~~