Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Auxiliary Electrical Hookup

Old 01-09-2012, 03:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by emt_micah
Not trying to Necro-Post here, but what tool did you guys use to crimp the little Packard 630 terminals onto the wires? I've done a couple searches and can only find single purpose crimpers for those things for like $100.
I just used needlenose pliers and soldered the connections. Worked fine for me.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by emt_micah
Not trying to Necro-Post here, but what tool did you guys use to crimp the little Packard 630 terminals onto the wires? I've done a couple searches and can only find single purpose crimpers for those things for like $100.
I bought a crimping tool - it was around $60.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:32 PM
JK Freak

Default crimpers

Waytek has some decent economy crimpers. Waytek part #533 i believe is the packard 150 and 280 series crimper.

Joe002 thanks for this post and all the info it has made an epic wiring job alot neater and given me excuses to buy fun new tools.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by AaronJK
Waytek has some decent economy crimpers. Waytek part #533 i believe is the packard 150 and 280 series crimper.

Joe002 thanks for this post and all the info it has made an epic wiring job alot neater and given me excuses to buy fun new tools.
Thanks. Yeah, I like getting new tools too.

BTW - There's been a big improvement in rocker covers and so I updated mine: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-e...1/#post2908523
Old 05-12-2012, 11:06 AM
JK Newbie

doing the same thing. I cant seem to find the dash illumination wire that will light up the switches with the dash lights... Any help onb location of what everyone is using...

Thanks,
Chris
Old 05-12-2012, 01:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by HHFD633
doing the same thing. I cant seem to find the dash illumination wire that will light up the switches with the dash lights... Any help onb location of what everyone is using...

Thanks,
Chris
If you look at my circuit diagram you can see that I made a circuit based on when a light bulb (a maker light) comes on (same way the towing package is hooked up). I didn’t wire it into the dash. I wanted to keep the entire setup independent of the stock wiring harness.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:10 PM
JK Freak

I decided to make a switch panel for the upper dash instead of using something pre-made. I have a deep love of chrome toggle switches and taking things too far. I am wiring everything up now so hopefully i will finish this soon. I was going to do a writeup but my phone broke and i lost all my pics.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	0717120958-00.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	344104  
Old 07-22-2012, 05:40 PM
JK Super Freak

I decided to make a switch panel for the upper dash instead of using something pre-made. I have a deep love of chrome toggle switches and taking things too far. I am wiring everything up now so hopefully i will finish this soon. I was going to do a writeup but my phone broke and i lost all my pics.
That's pretty cool. Where did you get the plastic surround for the switches?
Old 07-22-2012, 05:55 PM
JK Freak

I used a stock upper dash panel and built the basic shape out of an old 1/4" thick plastic cutting board and piece of copper pipe to match the original curve. I cut a plastic bowl in half to make the bin on top and then used pantyhose and fiberglass resin to make the shell. A little bedliner and bondo and its a good match. If i can get pics off friends phones i can post a writeup later.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:40 PM
JK Super Freak

I used a stock upper dash panel and built the basic shape out of an old 1/4" thick plastic cutting board and piece of copper pipe to match the original curve. I cut a plastic bowl in half to make the bin on top and then used pantyhose and fiberglass resin to make the shell. A little bedliner and bondo and its a good match. If i can get pics off friends phones i can post a writeup later.
Cool. I would love to see that.

Quick Reply: Auxiliary Electrical Hookup