Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Auxiliary Fuse Box

Old 10-09-2010, 05:47 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know, the whole point of this was to get some people to chime in where to buy these auxiliary fuse box's. The additional information and recommendations are very helpful especially the pictures.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used a Painless setup. It comes prewired, with 3 constant hot terminals and 4 ignition hot terminals. You can get this set up with or without a cover for weather protection. I ordered mine without and mounted it in the passenger footwell on the firewall. I run my on-board air switches and pressure gauges through it. Seems to work just fine.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:32 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by RED_RUBI_07
I used a Painless setup. It comes prewired, with 3 constant hot terminals and 4 ignition hot terminals. You can get this set up with or without a cover for weather protection. I ordered mine without and mounted it in the passenger footwell on the firewall. I run my on-board air switches and pressure gauges through it. Seems to work just fine.

ok i have a question for you ? i noticed that the Painless had two different kinds of auxiliary fuse blocks, one is similar to yours and the other one runs i think all hot terminals. What would be the difference and why did you choose the one you have ?
Old 10-10-2010, 06:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Thats cool and you know what thats something i eventually and gradually progress too but my question to you is where did you buy your equipment from
wagongear.com/WiredWagon.html

Last item on the page $85 plus shipping
Old 10-10-2010, 08:18 PM
JK Newbie

http://www.quadratec.com/products/pr...ry+Fuse+Blocks
Old 10-10-2010, 08:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Serg5000
You guy's might want to post were you are buying these fuse panels for the rest of us. I like the bushmans box. I'm hoping to get the info as to were it was purchased.
This link may help: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ctrical-Hookup
Old 10-10-2010, 08:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default $2.00 from junkyard

I went to the junkyard and took the fusebox/power supply of a small car... cost me $2.00.... complete with fuses and 6' of heavy guage wire... in the car it was mounted opposite side of the compartment as the battery... so it came with long positive & negative wire... already has fuses & relays
Old 10-10-2010, 08:42 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by joe002
thanks this is exactly the kind of write up i was looking for answers a lot of my questions.

All the times ive been on Quadratecs website i never knew they sold fuse blocks, thanks
Old 10-11-2010, 08:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sapper12b

ok i have a question for you ? i noticed that the Painless had two different kinds of auxiliary fuse blocks, one is similar to yours and the other one runs i think all hot terminals. What would be the difference and why did you choose the one you have ?

I chose the mix of constant hot and ignition hot because there are going to be certain things I only want to be on if my vehicle is running. Example: auxiliary lighting, I would hate to accidentally leave high powered lights on to drain my battery. I have my on board air hooked up to a constant hot but it is controlled by a switch, so whether the jeep is on or off I can have air. So it comes down to what you want to be able to use only when the vehicle is on and what you want to be able to use even if the vehicle isn't on.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:49 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RED_RUBI_07
X2 on the painless. I run the same one. I can show you next time I see you.

Sent using tapatalk

Quick Reply: Auxiliary Fuse Box