Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Auxiliary Fuse Box

Old 11-13-2010, 12:44 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hevnbnd
I found the painless block, but it does not appear to come with the terminial blocks. Where did you get those and what is their purpose? Thanks

Got mine at radio shack. I use one terminal block for ground wires and the second one I have it hooked up to the fuse block. so what ever I connect that requires power I just tap into the second terminal block ie... CB radio, lights, radio amp. If you want I can take some pics
Old 02-22-2011, 05:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmat1980
Here is my set up

I used a Bussman fuse/relay panel for a clean install.

The panel has 5 fuse/relay positions. I ran that to a 100amp circuit breaker for even more protection. I have windshield lights, bumper lights and a compressor wired to positions 1-3. Position 4 is ignition switched and goes to a second panel which is mounted under my glove box and used for lower power accessories like CB radio, GPS, etc… The 5th position is not currently being used…

I also have a third fuse box for my "rear" accesories that is run independently from the front one. The rear fuse box provides power for my rear mounted fogs, a aux power outlet mounted in the sub box and my alarm motion sensor mounted at the tailgate. It was cleaner to run one wire for rear fuse box rather than several wires for all my rear mounted accesories...

Here are some random pics from the install…
Apologies for digging up an old thread, but I'm thinking about using this same fuse/relay box (the 5 position Bussmann from WiredWagon) to rewire my windshield lights and fog lights - I will eventually add some rear lights and rock lights. I have some basic stupid questions that I haven't been able to figure out from what I've read online:
1) How is the relay box grounded? I read that there is a master power line with an in-line fusible link. Is there also a master ground line? The wiring diagrams I've seen for this system show two wires for each position coming from the box - one for the device and one for the switch. Shouldn't there be a third wire for a ground?
2) If I wanted to have all of the positions ignition controlled, would I just run one wire from the M8/M9 blank fuse position and then tap onto that wire up to 5 times for all 5 switches that correspond to each relay?
3) How did you wire your Position 4 lower power fuse panel and what kind of panel is this? Did you put a switch on this?

I currently have two relays for my windshield lights and fog lights and two LED switches that are not ignition controlled. I just want to clean everything up and make it easier to add on for future items.

Thanks!!

Quick Reply: Auxiliary Fuse Box