Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Auxiliary Fuse Box

Old 10-09-2010, 01:29 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auxiliary Fuse Box

Well guys and gals after doing some serious reading and research I've come to the conclusion that I need an auxiliary fuse box. After looking at my wish list of things I want to buy for my JK I realized that most of them are electrical or electrical related so as not to put a strain on my existing wiring harness I need the auxiliary fuse box. I've been looking and looking but can't find a manufacturer or a website that sells them. So my question to the forum is, can you point me in the right direction as to find and buy an auxiliary fuse box and if possible offer some suggestions along the way?
Old 10-09-2010, 04:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is what I used:

hxxp://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/BOR0/FB70.oap?keyword=fuse+blocks+%26+holders

I still have my high draw loads directly to the battery (winch, amp, compressor) but have my lights, cb, etc, to this block. They come larger and smaller. High quality unit but much cheaper than Painless.

Not the best or most elegant solution, but it works.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Here is my set up

I used a Bussman fuse/relay panel for a clean install.

The panel has 5 fuse/relay positions. I ran that to a 100amp circuit breaker for even more protection. I have windshield lights, bumper lights and a compressor wired to positions 1-3. Position 4 is ignition switched and goes to a second panel which is mounted under my glove box and used for lower power accessories like CB radio, GPS, etc… The 5th position is not currently being used…

I also have a third fuse box for my "rear" accesories that is run independently from the front one. The rear fuse box provides power for my rear mounted fogs, a aux power outlet mounted in the sub box and my alarm motion sensor mounted at the tailgate. It was cleaner to run one wire for rear fuse box rather than several wires for all my rear mounted accesories...

Here are some random pics from the install…

DRILLING

GROMMET DRILLED

GROMMET

FRONT WIRING

WIRING

QUICK CONNECTS FOR LIGHTS

DRIVERS SIDE WIRING

FUSE/RELAY WIRES

FUSE/RELAY PANEL

LOTS OF WIRES!!!

CIRCUIT BREAKER

100A CIRCUIT BREAKER

SWITCH WIRING

PANEL-INSTALLED

PANEL-INSTALLED

RELAY FOR REAR BACK UP LIGHTS

PASSENGER SIDE WIRING

FRONT AUX SWITCHED FUSE PANEL

GPS HARDWIRED

REAR AUX FUSE PANEL

REAR POWER OUTLET ON SUBWOOFER
Old 10-09-2010, 05:17 AM
JK Junkie

[QUOTE=jmat1980;1885213]Here is my set up

I used a Bussman fuse/relay panel for a clean install.

The panel has 5 fuse/relay positions. I ran that to a 100amp circuit breaker for even more protection. I have windshield lights, bumper lights and a compressor wired to positions 1-3. Position 4 is ignition switched and goes to a second panel which is mounted under my glove box and used for lower power accessories like CB radio, GPS, etc… The 5th position is not currently being used…

I also have a third fuse box for my "rear" accesories that is run independently from the front one. The rear fuse box provides power for my rear mounted fogs, a aux power outlet mounted in the sub box and my alarm motion sensor mounted at the tailgate. It was cleaner to run one wire for rear fuse box rather than several wires for all my rear mounted accesories...

Thats cool and you know what thats something i eventually and gradually progress too but my question to you is where did you buy your equipment from?
Old 10-09-2010, 05:57 AM
JK Super Freak

I cant remember where I got it, but I do have the site saved on my computer at home. The box was $90 and it came with all the fuses and relays and was all pre wired...
Old 10-09-2010, 06:08 AM
JK Jedi

I'm in the initial stages of putting together something using a blue sea fuse box.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:35 AM
JK Super Freak

cooperbussmann.com/pdf/36090f1a-b434-4910-98ec-1870f1f2519d.pdf

Download that pdf. The ocntact info is at the bottom. Ask for Anthony. They normally supply to fleet customers but they do support individual retail sales also. They can also help you with the interconnects (Pins) and seals you will need to go with these. After you know what parts numbers you need or if you need to order some more there are places like Mouser Electronics and Newark Electronics that carry the pins and seals.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:27 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Mskh20
I'm in the initial stages of putting together something using a blue sea fuse box.

I came across the BLUE SEA box's and i was wondering which one did you end up getting? They have two different kinds the one with a negative bus and one with out a negative bus.
Old 10-09-2010, 02:04 PM
JK Jedi

I'm using the one with the six spot with a negative bus, no cover. I will probably mount it inside a polycase. Right now I'm in the design phase and I'm looking for the right relay bank to add to the setup that will fit in the polycase, and I'm trying to figure out where I will put the case.

This will probably be a winter project for me.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:40 PM
JK Super Freak

You guy's might want to post were you are buying these fuse panels for the rest of us. I like the bushmans box. I'm hoping to get the info as to were it was purchased.

Quick Reply: Auxiliary Fuse Box