Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Buying a mygig off of ebay - questions

Old 09-24-2008, 06:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying a mygig off of ebay - questions

If I bought one off of ebay, found a few at $399.

Is installation as easy as removing the original stock stereo and plugging in the mygig?

Does this unit limit the power to the soundbar speakers like the non-infinity stock head unit?

Can the screen be set to run a slideshow of pictures loaded into it while music is playing?
Old 09-24-2008, 07:23 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know about the photos but the Mygig is 100% plug and play. I know first hand. It sounds just like the others.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:25 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

I saw those too... I want the navi mygig though!!!

Maybe someone will be trading in their JK and want to swap with me plus some cash.... you never know
Old 09-24-2008, 08:09 PM
JK Jedi

I got a new navi mygig from a jeep dealer off of ebay for $260 shipped. New in the box. It is the Mygig RER. I wouldnt consider buying the non navi version. Especially for that much cash.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
I got a new navi mygig from a jeep dealer off of ebay for $260 shipped. New in the box. It is the Mygig RER. I wouldnt consider buying the non navi version. Especially for that much cash.
uhhh
why not?
some people dont need navi
hard dirve cd player, have you checked the cost on it?
dvd unit as well....

350 is slammin price for the unit.
i got an ren off egay out of an 09 for 350
Old 09-24-2008, 08:19 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
Wow how did I miss that price? So, question I have is will all mygig units fit in the JK? I see some that don't have the JK listed in the fitment section... could it be
Old 09-24-2008, 09:32 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by wagonofdoom
uhhh
why not?
some people dont need navi
hard dirve cd player, have you checked the cost on it?
dvd unit as well....

350 is slammin price for the unit.
i got an ren off egay out of an 09 for 350
IMHO You payed more for less. Mine was brand new, yours was a pull... I have never heard someone say "Man I wish I didn't have navigation" If you don't need it, just don't push the button. I think 350 was fair, I personally would rather spend 500 if I had to in order to get nav. but that is just me.

As far as fitment in JKs it has been discussed a million times. Low speed. High speed. I don't think anyone knows. I think most all work one just has a larger hard drive. But I dont know. You can call the dealer with your VIN and get the correct model number.

Last edited by bigbluejk; 09-24-2008 at 09:40 PM.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:12 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

Ok thanks for the input!
Old 09-24-2008, 10:21 PM
JK Freak

If you want navi you have to add the GPS antenna.

If you need one, let me know, I have an extra one laying around 'cuz the schmuck I ordered from sent me the non-nav by mistake.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:08 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ragtopdave06
If I bought one off of ebay, found a few at $399.

Is installation as easy as removing the original stock stereo and plugging in the mygig?

Does this unit limit the power to the soundbar speakers like the non-infinity stock head unit?

Can the screen be set to run a slideshow of pictures loaded into it while music is playing?

You will need High speed (low speed will not work) so be careful, 09 will support Ipod with a cable from your dealer, nav antennas are inexpensive from the dealer, For the slide show NO you can have a photo of you choice for a background. The power to the speakers right inline with the stock head unit, Prices are all over the place Mt friend paid $800 for a non nav and bigbluejk found a nav for under $300 it’s all in the deal you can find at the time

Quick Reply: Buying a mygig off of ebay - questions