Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Factory radio cuts out, help!

Old 12-22-2008, 12:53 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory radio cuts out, help!

I can not figure out why my radio cuts out all the time. The display never goes out but the sound will cut out and come back constantly. Anyone had this issue and get it resolved?
Old 12-22-2008, 01:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Which radio are you using? I had a problem with the MyGIG where the sound would cut out only on my front left speaker from time to time until I realized it was the dang GPS trying to give me directions and I'd turned the volume all the way down on it.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:16 PM
JK Freak

No it is the single disc radio/sirius player no gps or screen.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Radio

Originally Posted by dwikto
i can not figure out why my radio cuts out all the time. The display never goes out but the sound will cut out and come back constantly. Anyone had this issue and get it resolved?
i also had this happen awhile back. It was happening on sat and am and fm. Then it stopped cutting out and have not had any more problems
The following users liked this post:
Anng (12-17-2020)
Old 12-22-2008, 07:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Does it happen with Sirius only? If so it is an issue with reception. Mine does this but never cuts out on CD or Am/FM, Aux, etc - Only Sirius. In my case it is usually in the same geographical areas and more often when in hills and heavily tree'd roads.
The following users liked this post:
Anng (12-17-2020)
Old 12-23-2008, 06:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default reply

Maybe its the antenna? or a loose wire or connection? I put in a aftermarket sound system and its fine. Although I did have to replace a bad sirus antenna once.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:33 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would check the connections in the back and if they are all on solid, I'd have it warrantied. Wouldnt be the first defective unit we've seen.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:07 AM
JK Newbie

I had an issue awhile back. I would turn on the turn signal and the radio would cut out. There was an issue with PCM and I had to get the Jeep flashed several times.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have been having that same problem with mine and sent it in to get worked on twice. They still have not fixed it. I think it is a amp issue b/c the powered sub cuts off too when the left channel stops working. I am going to take it in for the 3rd time and tell them to replace the amp.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you haven't already check out the electrical TSBs on the Project-JK pages. Here is a link
http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk/jeep-j...lectrical-tsb/
The dealer performed the one for the radio cutting out on my '07 Sahara, and it fixed it for a while. They tell me that the amp in the Infinity system is the cause of the problem. Next time I get a chance, I'll take it back and have them do it again, or replace the amp.

Quick Reply: Factory radio cuts out, help!