Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Infinity Basslink

Old 02-20-2008, 03:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Littlejon
I went to my local best buy yesterday, and it was still $199.
That's actually still a good price....most everywhere else it's still $299.

( I paid $199 at Crutchfield for mine on sale)

Originally Posted by DriveOverStuff
Post some pics of your install up once complete. I'd love to see how this turns out for ya, especially at the bargain price of a paper walmart pos subwoofer.
These have been posted before, but here's mine....

Old 02-20-2008, 06:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

JK-KJ i noticed that in your bottom pic you only have one of those clips inserted into the basslink (the white clip connected to two wires blue and green) the basslink comes with the of those sets a blue and green one and a gray and white one, why do you only have one in, is it only hooked up to the front speakers?
Old 02-20-2008, 06:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Yamaha90
JK-KJ i noticed that in your bottom pic you only have one of those clips inserted into the basslink (the white clip connected to two wires blue and green) the basslink comes with the of those sets a blue and green one and a gray and white one, why do you only have one in, is it only hooked up to the front speakers?
Yeah, mine is just hooked up to the front dash speakers....I'm not sure what the advantage would be to hooking up both sets, plus it would've just been more work. You got any idea what the difference would be?
Old 02-20-2008, 06:38 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JK-KJ
Yeah, mine is just hooked up to the front dash speakers....I'm not sure what the advantage would be to hooking up both sets, plus it would've just been more work. You got any idea what the difference would be?
no idea, but i did hear that hooking it up to the rear would decrease power because the Head limits the power i guess, i have my fade set back -4 now, but your blue wire goes to one speaker and the green to the other and thats that? i found out how to take off the side of the dash and saw the foam firewall hole, just run the wires under the carpet and up through there to the battery? also your B-link starts up automatically when ignition is on, you didn't have the remote power wired to your headunit?, and i don't notice any RCA's all i see is the main power, remote wire, and the speaker clip is this right? i ask alota questions my bad guys.. i wanna save some on instal
Old 02-20-2008, 07:18 PM
JK Super Freak

no idea, but i did hear that hooking it up to the rear would decrease power because the Head limits the power i guess, i have my fade set back -4 now, but your blue wire goes to one speaker and the green to the other and thats that? i found out how to take off the side of the dash and saw the foam firewall hole, just run the wires under the carpet and up through there to the battery? also your B-link starts up automatically when ignition is on, you didn't have the remote power wired to your headunit?, and i don't notice any RCA's all i see is the main power, remote wire, and the speaker clip is this right? i ask alota questions my bad guys.. i wanna save some on instal

Actually, the wires I have are purple (2 wires...one pos, one neg) that goes to driver's side speaker....and green (2 wires...one pos, one neg) that goes to pass side speaker. And yep, just run the wires up under the edge of the carpet/behind plastic pieces to the hole then to the battery. The Basslink gets the signal from the speaker wires to turn itself on (like a remote wire), so when it senses sound coming through those speaker wires it will turn on.....there's a small delay with mine, when I crank the Jeep and turn the radio on, it takes a couple seconds for the Basslink to come on because it's getting the signal from the speaker wires. And you don't need RCA's, that's what the speaker level inputs take the place of......all you will have is: POWER, GROUND, SPEAKER WIRE TO LEFT SPEAKER, SPEAKER WIRE TO RIGHT SPEAKER.

Hope this helps....
Old 02-21-2008, 03:05 AM
JK Jedi

How much better is the basslink than the stock Infinity sub?
Old 02-21-2008, 04:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by pearl-drum-man
How much better is the basslink than the stock Infinity sub?
MUCH better....my friend's Rubicon has the stock Infinity package, with his bass turned all the way up it still isn't as loud as mine, and mine is on -5.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:13 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by JK-KJ
MUCH better....my friend's Rubicon has the stock Infinity package, with his bass turned all the way up it still isn't as loud as mine, and mine is on -5.

Overall I'm really happy with the stock Infinity system, but I notice on some cds the sub works great, where others it seems inadaquate. I wish there were an independent control for the sub level instead of just the overall bass level. Down the road I might look to improve on the stocker.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:14 AM
JK Junkie

JK-KJ you save me quite a bit of agrivation. thanks alot i appreciate it

Last edited by Yamaha90; 02-21-2008 at 03:18 PM.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:24 PM
JK Super Freak

JK-KJ you save me quite a bit of agrivation. thanks alot i appreciate it
Not a problem....there's not much I know, so I try to help when I can.

Quick Reply: Infinity Basslink