Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

New MyGIG Software Update RER-REW-REP 2.402 (I-Phone Fix!)

Old 07-15-2011, 02:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whpony96
Did you try retrain the unconnect to your voice yet?
Yes, it switches to the training screen like it's going to start and then reverts back to the VR menu. It doesn't even give the verbal instructions like it should. Also when I have an incoming call, the screen shows the call but I don't get the normal "Incoming Call" announcement through the speakers.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:29 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tcarousel
Yes, it switches to the training screen like it's going to start and then reverts back to the VR menu. It doesn't even give the verbal instructions like it should. Also when I have an incoming call, the screen shows the call but I don't get the normal "Incoming Call" announcement through the speakers.
I would burn a new disc and reinstall the update again. Then report back.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:10 PM
JK Newbie

Updated both the firmware and Gracenote last weekend on RER without any issues. I have the discs if anyone needs them. Please send me a PM.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:29 PM
JK Jedi

Whpony I'm hoping there will be a update soon!! I will look for a thread if it ever happens!
Old 07-15-2011, 03:59 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by rinkishJK
Whpony I'm hoping there will be a update soon!! I will look for a thread if it ever happens!
Actually there will be no more OS updates for the RER Mygig. They no longer make the RER unit so Harman Becker has informed us that there are no new plans for any future updates.

But I can say that they have said this before and we still received another update. So honestly who knows......
Old 07-19-2011, 03:34 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by whpony96
I would burn a new disc and reinstall the update again. Then report back.
Thanks whphony, it worked the second time around. Must have been a computer glitch... imagine that! Thanks again!
Old 07-19-2011, 04:11 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by tcarousel
Thanks whphony, it worked the second time around. Must have been a computer glitch... imagine that! Thanks again!
Well your only the second person that I ever heard this happen too. Glad to hear reinstalling the software resolved the issue. Have a good one!
Old 08-02-2011, 08:35 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by mpkelley20
Ugh!!! This sucks!! I am running the latest software but I am STILL experiencing the "memory issue" with my radio. I made a post about it a while ago where my radio seems to get into a loop so it defaults back to the same song anytime I start my Jeep regardless of what was playing the last time I shut it off. The ONLY way I've been able to fix this is by selecting the "play all songs" options which seems to force the Mygig unit into re-cataloging all my songs.

I still can figure what what causes it as it is completely random.. Annoying!!!

I know whpony said that this issue was fixed in a previous update, but I can confirm with 100% confidence that my radio still has this issue even with the latest firmware (see pic below to show version I am running)

I would download the 2.402 software again and re-burn a new disc and then reinstall 2.402 again.

or you can get a disc from Chrysler here.... https://qna.extra.chrysler.com/rhb/r...dateRequest.do
Old 08-04-2011, 03:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Completed the upgrade last night. The direct iso file for my Mac was the ticket. Now the bluetooth works with my iPhone 4 the way it should.

I love this forum.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey guys. Quick question. My Mygig has 9.087 installed. If I install 2.402 will I also get all the intermittent updates between my update and the latest update? I hope I don't have to load each update between my current version and 2.402... Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply: New MyGIG Software Update RER-REW-REP 2.402 (I-Phone Fix!)