Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

JKGizmo's JK build

Old 08-18-2022, 07:29 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I had a little interference with the Tie Rod and cover. Used the 1 Ton offset ends but not enough room. Currie recommends the Yeti high offset tie rod part number 78065001 so will get one on the way. Looks like it is a beast of a tie rod! The Drag link worked out fine.

Old 08-23-2022, 06:57 AM
JK Newbie

I went with the Rock Jock ram assist bracket. A little less bulky than the aluminum ones out there. I like the double shear and steel construction combo.

Old 08-23-2022, 07:03 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Barnes has these in 1.5" and 1.75". Work well and are steel so you can weld a double shear if you want. The 2 piece design makes it easy to install.
https://barnes4wd.com/products/1-5-i...zer-tube-clamp
Old 08-24-2022, 08:54 AM
JK Newbie

Naturally after I buy a 1 5/8" tie rod I get shoe horned into buying the more expensive Rock Jock bracket. But the tie rod is made from a nice tough 4130 cromoly which I like. Tom Woods driveshafts arrived and look great. Not to badly priced either.
Old 10-08-2022, 09:11 AM
JK Newbie

So its on the road but working on a few little things still. I got the traction control light on and can feel it pulsing the brakes. I think my Super Chips Flashcal can delete that. It may be the sensors on the rear. They required a little modification to fit which surprised me. The Big Brake Kit is awesome. I have a check engine light on that I'll sort out today. Might be a wire not connected. The new front track bar bracket sticks outside the frame farther which now hits the stock Rubicon sway bar so need to work that out. I have not been a fan of it anyway. The Yeti tie rod is awesome. So getting closer!

Last edited by JKGizmo; 10-08-2022 at 09:16 AM.
Old 10-09-2022, 06:06 AM
JK Newbie

Well the Superchips Flashcal did not delete the traction control so still working on that. Jeep really needs a good cleaning sitting for two months. I sacrificed one of the cup holders for my Eaton E Lock switches. It was were I want them so I made a plate to install them there.

Old 10-10-2022, 09:56 AM
JK Newbie

Well I learned something. If the steering wheel is not set straight the traction control/ABS acts funny. On the list was to straighten it out and is also fixed the issue with traction control/ABS light. I guess it has a sensor on the steering shaft that was thinking I was doing donuts and it was trying to correct it. One more thing of the list. Next up is the front sway bar. I'm leaning towards the Teraflex single stage since it has the easy disconnect. Should be firm on the way to trails and I can bend the arms into the shape I need for clearance on the track bar bracket. Does anyone have this Front sway bar and can give feedback? I figure I should be able to sell the Rubicon Sway bar and come out even?
Old 10-10-2022, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator

Received 113 Likes on 103 Posts

I haven’t been a big fan of anything teraflex I’ve put on my Jeep. I use the anti rock sway bars, no need to ever disconnect. They’re great on the road too. Just the other day I had to slam on my brakes and swerve (got cut off at 70 mph) and the Jeep still remained pretty stable.
Old 10-10-2022, 10:11 AM
JK Newbie

Sv Dude, I'll check our your on our next trip out.!
Old 10-11-2022, 09:12 AM
JK Newbie

I ended up with King 2.5" w/Res. Several other shocks I wanted were not available but EVO had these in stock with their valving and they were my first choice, just not my wallets first choice. The ride is great. Need to hit a trail and see how it works though. I played with the Eaton lockers in gravel and they work like a dream. No more playing with the single Rubicon toggle to get what I want or speed limitations.

Quick Reply: JKGizmo's JK build