Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Show Your First Aid Kit

Old 07-23-2010, 09:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default know how to use it

I can see though that some of you on this thread are trained professionals. For the rest, I want to remind you to know how to use it. Basic first aid and CPR classes are usually available at community colleges, fire departments, some hospitals, YMCA, and through the Red Cross. My wife and I made everyone in our family who cares for our 2 year old get certified and we remind them often about what to do in a bad situation. Its amazing how long it can take before someone even thinks to call 911. I my self saved a life at IKEA and assisted a police officer at an accident until rescue arrived (I held a womans face on, GROSS). My wife was first on the scene at an accident while driving on I-95 (she is an RN). These were just by chance, while playing off road offers up a lot more opportunity for injury.
Old 07-23-2010, 03:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

i need to get one there are some many choices
Old 07-23-2010, 05:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by silvrevo
How about a can of Burn Spray,,, havnt seen any in these pics.
Mine has burn gel.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:16 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by knight1000
I can see though that some of you on this thread are trained professionals. For the rest, I want to remind you to know how to use it. Basic first aid and CPR classes are usually available at community colleges, fire departments, some hospitals, YMCA, and through the Red Cross. My wife and I made everyone in our family who cares for our 2 year old get certified and we remind them often about what to do in a bad situation. Its amazing how long it can take before someone even thinks to call 911. I my self saved a life at IKEA and assisted a police officer at an accident until rescue arrived (I held a womans face on, GROSS). My wife was first on the scene at an accident while driving on I-95 (she is an RN). These were just by chance, while playing off road offers up a lot more opportunity for injury.
Amen to calling 911. I posted much earlier in this thread (I think) about how I took a CPR class through little league cause I was coaching; it was free. About a month later I used it to save my then 4 year old's life as he nearly drowned right before my eyes. And ya know what? NO ONE WAS CALLING 911! The 3 adults were all standing there looking at my son turning blue. Finally I heard my instructor in my head, who during the class, had YELLED at us to call 911 first!

4 days later he walked out of the ICU and has made a 100% recovery.

TAKE CPR! CALL 911.

And most importantly, WATCH KIDS IN POOLS!!!
Old 07-24-2010, 11:59 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by X-caiver
An excerpt from my blog where I was talking about some first aid kits:

Then for my Jeep I put together a slightly more comprehensive kit using the Smittybuilt First Aid Bag (link is to Quadratech which has an accurate picture, the pic on Smittybilt's website is not right). This bag has a velcro mounting panel that straps to the roll bar, and a plastic buckle strap to help secure it. So I always know where the bag is, and if I need it I can rip it off the velcro and take it wherever.

I've stuffed it pretty close to max capacity with:
  • Adventure Medical Suture/Syringe kit (several needles, suture, syringe, not what I wanted but will do for now)
  • Various sizes of gauze, self-adhesive wraps, and tape
  • Various band-aids, and pre-cut moleskin
  • Cleaning items - irrigation syringe, q-tips, alcohol wipes, antiseptic wipes
  • Bug bite wipes (anti-itch + antiseptic)
  • Some headache, alergy, diarhea, heartburn medicines, eye drops
  • Carmex CPR shield (in the littly black pouch near the thermometer)
  • A bag of water, some M&Ms, and an energy bar
  • Instant cold & instant hot packs, not pictured, I need to rearrange how I packed the bag these didn't fit
  • Snake bite sucker - mine was cracked, need to get a new one
Note: The cat and fur mouse are not normally part of this kit!
I can understand carrying most in your arsenal but what use is the cat and why the extra bra? Kidding aside, your look prepared.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:10 PM
JK Freak

[QUOTE=RRCP08JK;1779291]I can understand carrying most in your arsenal but what use is the cat ...QUOTE]

CAT SCAN!

( ?What too obvious? )

Last edited by Fathom; 07-24-2010 at 07:13 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

I thought i had everthing i needed, I guess i better go get a first aid kit for the jeep

Quick Reply: Show Your First Aid Kit