Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

wait for a Rubi...?

Old 01-14-2011, 01:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help a soldier out

Help one of our soldiers out and buy his Rubi for 26K.

Look up this forum. Feeler: 2009 lifted RUBI UNLIMITED on 305-70-17 MTR W/ Blackrock wheels - MI
Old 01-14-2011, 04:30 PM
EzK
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jennekin
Help one of our soldiers out and buy his Rubi for 26K.

Look up this forum. Feeler: 2009 lifted RUBI UNLIMITED on 305-70-17 MTR W/ Blackrock wheels - MI
That is a ridiculous deal.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:44 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are only going to take it out on moderate trails a few times a year, get a Sport or Sahara . Sport does not have the side air bag option, remote start option, navigation option (2011’s have topo maps) so my vote is Sahara
Old 01-14-2011, 05:22 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by EzK
Agree with the above post.. what are your intents with this Jeep? You could get a lift and 35s on an X for less than a Rubicon.. which looks pretty awesome.

Anyone think it may be safe to say that deals will be easier to get on 2011s once the 2012s come to dealers with the Pentastar?
Really depends on alot of factors -- economy at the time, incentives, interest rates to name a few. The remaining 2010's moved fast when the new 2011's came in. Many may opt for the 3.8 with the new Pentastar coming out as there are alot of folks who are adamant about not getting the first year of a new vehicle until all the kinks are sorted out. Time will tell
Old 01-14-2011, 05:43 PM
JK Newbie

For me, it was mindset when it cam to purchase my 09 Rubicon. I thought (and still do) that it is better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. The options on a Rubicon are great and when you do need to pull them out and use them, you'll be glad that you did. On the other hand, there is a mind set to get a bare bones one and put all the parts you want in it. So, do you have the time, money and resources? Take your pick.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

i wish i bought a 4 door in retrospect
i always have people and gear with me, so i have to get really creative with the door door. you should have seen the way we packed it for our beach trip
Old 01-15-2011, 09:55 AM
JK Newbie

If you go Rubi. You can take it straight to the trail and no headaches
Old 01-15-2011, 11:17 AM
JK Newbie

My $.02...I bought a Sahara in '08 and was very happy. Then I started wheeling it and quickly came to the realization that I should have gotten the Rubi.

2-1/2 years later...I picked up my new Unlimited Rubi a few weeks ago and unloaded the Sahara, it feels really good! I would get the Rubi, you won't regret it unless your going to go crazy with the mods.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:42 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by fonteneaux
If you are going to do big rubber, you will need to re-gear. These are the kinds of questions that you need to ask

The guys on the forum are not shy about their opinions - right or wrong

But if you read enough you will
1) become addicted to the forum
2)learn a lot about jeeps and build options
and 3) change your mind about what to mod next every night

Don't rely on this thread. Keep ready - you're not the first to ask the question.
Boy ain't that the truth . another X driver and don't regret it
Old 01-15-2011, 09:29 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by FFA_nsk
For about the price diference of a x or sport to a rubi you can buy a sport. Upgrade the front axle and put better gears and lockers in and it will end up the same price as a rubi but better.
agreed. and thats what i'll be doing. however, ya need to think (like i did not), do i wana pay a little extra per month for the rubi for some of these things, or can i come up with the cash to add mods to the X while making the loan payment.

i mean a lot of people have modded their jk so heavily that hardly any of those rubi extras are left!!

Quick Reply: wait for a Rubi...?