Custom modular JK hardtop - Page 164

Custom modular JK hardtop

Page 164 of 166 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166 LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 1655

I would look forward to mounting these on my stock rear bumper, as Back Up lights
    "An Armed Man is a Citizen. An Unarmed Man is a Subject"

JK Super Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Four Low View Post
    I would look forward to mounting these on my stock rear bumper, as Back Up lights
    There's plenty of room on the passenger side, but the license plate takes up almost all of the space on the driver's side so if you didn't want to mount the light in front of the plate you could mount it on top of the plate. But these LEDs put out so much light you'd probably be well served by only one as a backup light so you could just do one on the passenger side if you wanted to only mount to the bumper.

Default id def concider getting one for the rear of mine

any idea of cost for one of these little buggers ? btw will they come with a cover shield (plastic) ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5009.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	380.3 KB 
ID:	672607  
    Last edited by jeepmojo; 06-19-2017 at 02:33 PM.

JK Super Freak

Quote Originally Posted by jeepmojo View Post
    any idea of cost for one of these little buggers ? btw will they come with a cover shield (plastic) ?
    I do have an idea of the price they might sell for, but it's not my place to announce that - I'll let the company annouce that when they're ready. I'll repeat what I said the other day though...

Quote Originally Posted by jscherb View Post
    These pods compare very favorably with the KC Flex LEDs on a spec basis, but at the price the supplier charges for them they should be able to retail for a fraction of the KC lights
    An optional plastic cover is not part of the initial launch.

I have a Gobi stealth rack shipping to me next month, and had just started to think of LED lighting options! Now another thing to put on my watch list.

JK Super Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Erok View Post
    I have a Gobi stealth rack shipping to me next month, and had just started to think of LED lighting options! Now another thing to put on my watch list.
    What I really like about these lights on the Gobi is that they're small enough to be protected by the top bar; also they bolt right up with special mounts required.

Quote Originally Posted by jscherb View Post
    What I really like about these lights on the Gobi is that they're small enough to be protected by the top bar; also they bolt right up with special mounts required.
    That's what sold me, plus putting a couple on the rear for camp lights... this is exactly what I want to do! They seem really unobtrusive.

JK Enthusiast

Like I said these should mount easily to my Rhino Rack bars for camp lighting, Ill have to see how they would fit once I get the Foxwing awning installed. I remember the pics, can you dim the lights?

The awning goes above the bar and the LED pods would go below.

Ill have 16.5" flood/spot bars front and rear on the racks for trail and camp use as well. Awning should be installed tomorrow. Hopefully I can get the light bars, switch pro and CB installed this week. Ill try and add wiring for the LED pods for the switch pro controller while the other lights are installed.
    2014 JK Sport, auto, 33x12R15 Cooper STT Pros

Northridge4x4

JK Super Freak

Quote Originally Posted by akpostal View Post
    Like I said these should mount easily to my Rhino Rack bars for camp lighting, Ill have to see how they would fit once I get the Foxwing awning installed. I remember the pics, can you dim the lights?

The awning goes above the bar and the LED pods would go below.

Ill have 16.5" flood/spot bars front and rear on the racks for trail and camp use as well. Awning should be installed tomorrow. Hopefully I can get the light bars, switch pro and CB installed this week. Ill try and add wiring for the LED pods for the switch pro controller while the other lights are installed.

They probably can be dimmed with a dimmer module designed specifically for LEDs, but I haven't tested that. I'd try something like this: LED Dimmer Module 12-24VDC 30A | MPJA.COM

JK Super Freak

I finished the rear flat fender mold masters. Yesterday I finished the bodywork, part of which involved lengthening them 1" at the bottom because it's always best to have the mold be larger than where the part gets trimmed to ensure a good edge. When I last showed photos of the mold masters on the Jeep, the bottoms of each leg of the fenders were very slightly above the bumper and the rock rails - now these wouldn't fit anymore because the legs are too long. The final fenders out of the molds will be trimmed to fit just above the bumpers and rock rails (or side steps), but coming out of the mold they'll be about an inch too long before trimming. This morning I shot them with epoxy; they're now ready to make the molds, which I'll do later this week.