Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Custom modular JK hardtop

Old 06-23-2017, 12:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Today I received a preproduction sample of the 2-door factory hardtop slider window retrofit kit. The fit is perfect so I signed off on it. Now the RV window company will use this to make the preproduction windows - the hardware company sent a retrofit kit to the window company for them to use as a gauge for the size and shape of the windows. Rather than having the company make windows from a drawing, they'll use the retrofit kit so there's no interpretation involved - if the window fits properly in the retrofit kit, it's sized correctly. I'd expect them to have the window sized for production within a few days.

Old 06-23-2017, 12:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just in time for Summer ! Dogs will be Happy
Old 06-24-2017, 11:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Four Low
Just in time for Summer ! Dogs will be Happy
Lol..my dog is going to luv this! Me too, it'll keep her out of the front seat. Can't wait!!
Old 06-24-2017, 03:36 PM
JK Super Freak

The next feature being be added to the fridge slide/table system - a panel that attaches to the fridge tray so it slides out with the fridge and has slots for attaching Molle gear and bolt holes for either a Rubican or a Rotopax container to keep water close to the food prep area.

The base panel:

With Molle pouches. Appropriately, these are what the Army calls "Sustainment Pouches", intended to hold food while in the field.

In these next photos I've got a 10 liter (2.6 gallon) Rubican installed, with a spigot for dispensing water. There are several sets of mounting holes for the Rubican, I've mounted it in the rearmost set so the spigot doesn't stick out past the fridge.

The Rubican is mounted high enough that gravity will allow it to serve as a source for a sink faucet. Maybe I'll do a sink next.
Old 06-26-2017, 04:59 AM
JK Super Freak

I molded the first set of rear flat fenders Friday but haven't had time to pop them out of the molds until this morning. In this photo they're just out of the molds, untrimmed and the mold release hasn't been washed off yet.

I should have time to get them trimmed, washed and installed later today.
Old 06-26-2017, 02:18 PM
JK Super Freak

I got the rear flat fenders trimmed and installed this afternoon. They still need to be buffed (and eventually I'll paint them), but just out of the molds I'm very happy with how they look and fit.

The following users liked this post:
FarFromStock (01-09-2018)
Old 06-26-2017, 06:54 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Admittedly, I was hesitant on the idea of truly flat flares on the jk but I really like your design. They look classically sharp if that makes sense
Old 06-27-2017, 04:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Admittedly, I was hesitant on the idea of truly flat flares on the jk but I really like your design. They look classically sharp if that makes sense
Thank you. I definitely like the look better than the bulbous factory fenders, and these will allow me to run 35's with no lift. I especially like the original Willys flatfender styling up front and the unique retro look overall. But now I'm rethinking my color choice - I was planning to paint them body color, because almost all original Willys MB, CJ2, CJ3, etc. had body color fenders, but these look very good in black. I like how black accent travels from the front fender to the rock rail to the rear fender to the rear bumper. I've got about a month to think about it because of upcoming travel, but body color or black?
Old 06-27-2017, 04:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Nice melding of the Old and the New, not only looks great, but functions as Serving Surface for the Chuck Wagon slide out.
I think the full-width Running Boards enhance the look, and more importantly, protect those lower fender edges from trail damage.
Beautifully designed and executed, thank you for sharing your projects !
Old 06-27-2017, 04:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Black highlights the fenders, gives a nice contrast. Flaunt them !

Quick Reply: Custom modular JK hardtop