Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Custom modular JK hardtop

Old 11-20-2015, 09:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Call Of Duty MW3
I will bring my 2 door over to your garage for you to work your magic on. I would like the top in black please, with Alpine windows and a roof rack...
Thanks, I'll keep you in mind.
jeff
Old 11-20-2015, 12:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why cant I have a neighbor like you living next door
Old 11-21-2015, 10:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Today I cleaned up the garage from all the mess I made trimming and fitting the parts, so I moved everything outside. Here's what a complete set of JK Safari Cab parts looks like - the roof panel, two upper jambs, two side panels, a rear panel and the barn door:

And some "alternate" parts... two side panels for trying out different windows, in this case a slider window and a cargo hatch. The thin pieces in the middle are rear jambs; when the hard side panels are removed and the soft sides are installed, these provide a surface for the rear of the door to seal against, and a place for the front of the soft sides to attach.

Old 11-24-2015, 08:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Soon I'll have to make the most difficult decision of the Safari Cab project - what color to paint it? I've colorized one of the photos from the last install to see various color schemes. The colorization isn't perfect but I think it gives a reasonably good idea of what a color combo will look like. Please let me know which of these are your favorites, or if there is some other color or combo I should try. I can also show some of these images larger, but for this first color post I made them smaller because there are so many possibilities to show.

This Jeep is Heather's daily driver so she gets the final say, but maybe if there's one scheme that most people like we can influence her choice .
Old 11-24-2015, 09:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jscherb
Soon I'll have to make the most difficult decision of the Safari Cab project - what color to paint it? I've colorized one of the photos from the last install to see various color schemes. The colorization isn't perfect but I think it gives a reasonably good idea of what a color combo will look like. Please let me know which of these are your favorites, or if there is some other color or combo I should try. I can also show some of these images larger, but for this first color post I made them smaller because there are so many possibilities to show. This Jeep is Heather's daily driver so she gets the final say, but maybe if there's one scheme that most people like we can influence her choice .
I think especially with it being a Sahara, I would either do all black, black sides with cherry top, or just all cherry. Basically no white. Just my opinion though, looks great and it'll be awesome in any color!
Old 11-24-2015, 09:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Red sides with black top looks nice to me. All red and all black look good as well.
Old 11-24-2015, 09:49 AM
JK Newbie

I agree that either all cherry, all black, or cherry sides with the black top would look best IMO
Old 11-24-2015, 03:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Red sides - white top. I'm waiting to buy one, so who ever you license too has one sale in Texas.
Old 11-24-2015, 07:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go with the timeless classic safari colors of all tan or all khaki. It'll be like Wild Kingdom TV show from way back. Red or black are too contemporary. When I bought my hardtop in 07 I should've chosen tan instead of black.

Last edited by BlackRockBurner; 11-24-2015 at 07:23 PM.
Old 11-25-2015, 02:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Csharron
Red sides - white top. I'm waiting to buy one, so who ever you license too has one sale in Texas.
I showed Heather the options yesterday evening and she's ruled out white, even for just the roof. It's her daily driver, so she gets more votes than all of us, oh well.

Haven't decided if I'm going to license the design yet, but it's nice to know someone out there wants to buy one, thanks.

Quick Reply: Custom modular JK hardtop