Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Custom modular JK hardtop

Old 03-25-2015, 05:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Earth Siege
This is an awesome top design. Very inpressive. Subscribed.
Thank you.
Old 03-25-2015, 01:59 PM
JK Super Freak

I've worked up an animation showing the various Safari Cab side configurations I'm thinking about. Shown in the anim (it might take a few seconds to load) are the full soft side configuration (sides and back), both rolled up and rolled down; a soft sides/hard rear configuration with the barn door off and on, and the full hard side configuration with slider windows.

I can post any of the images separately if anyone wants to see them as still images or has questions/comments/criticisms of any of the configurations and wants to discuss them further.
Old 04-07-2015, 12:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I wanted to ask if there has been any more progress on the 4 door JKU top? Thanks.
Old 04-07-2015, 04:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Heater
I wanted to ask if there has been any more progress on the 4 door JKU top? Thanks.
Thanks for asking. No progress for the last two weeks - I've been on a road trip in the LJ from upstate NY where I live to Moab, Utah for Easter Jeep Safari. I'm on the way back now, and will get back to molding parts within the next few days.

I did do some new product testing at Moab, here's a shot of my LJ with a pre-production "Excursion Rack", which is holding the cooler with our lunch:

It's a handy fold-up rack that mounts on the spare, and also folds up when not in use. It can be used on the JK as well as the TJ.

Also I've routed my trip home so I can stop by the RV window company I'm working with to get the sliders made for the JK half door uppers, so it's not just a road trip, I'm making progress on some other products while on this trip .
Old 04-09-2015, 07:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fold-up rack

You have some amazing ideas and crazy talent and ability to pull it all off.

Will the fold-up rack be adjustable for different size tires?
Old 04-09-2015, 10:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bluepig
You have some amazing ideas and crazy talent and ability to pull it all off.

Thank you.

Yes, it is adjustable for a range of tire sizes.
Old 04-10-2015, 09:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bluepig
I happened to be doing some fit testing of the rack on a different Jeep today so I checked the range of tire sizes the rack should fit - should go on anything up to a 13.50 section width tire, for example a 37x13.50. On the small end, it'll work fine on a 215/75-15 on a TJ, so pretty much any reasonable tire size on a Wrangler is fine.

Also today was testing installs of the production heavy-duty hinges plus pre-production versions of the Hi-lift carrier and the CB antenna mount that go on the hinges...

Old 04-11-2015, 04:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Also checked the fit of a pre-production Excursion Rack on the JK yesterday.

Old 04-11-2015, 05:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Love the creative ideas ! Any word on 2 door Hardtop Slider/ flip out windows for Factory hardtop ? Dogs ask me every day .
Old 04-11-2015, 06:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Four Low
Love the creative ideas ! Any word on 2 door Hardtop Slider/ flip out windows for Factory hardtop ? Dogs ask me every day .
I met with the window company on Wednesday, but we only talked about the hardtop sliders very briefly. Most of the meeting was to finalize the design of the half door upper sliders. They had bent some sample frames before the meeting so we could review the details and make a few design decisions. The half door slider project is a higher priority than the hardtop sliders because there's a company wanting to market them, so these are being worked on first. This photo is of a JKU rear half door upper with a partial slider frame sitting in place, the fronts are being worked on as well.

Quick Reply: Custom modular JK hardtop