Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Custom modular JK hardtop

Old 07-20-2016, 05:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

I'm working on the prototype retrofit kit for slider windows/cargo hatches on the 2dr factory hardtops. Here's a look at the work in progress; this one's for a "no trim" cargo hatch, meaning the window opening doesn't have to be trimmed to install this. With trimming, the hatch could be made a bit larger.

Old 07-20-2016, 06:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Really great features for the safety and comfort of our Canine Pals . The fact that the hardtop can now offer 4 Season utility is fantastic.
The hard Safari top for kayaks and gear, open air for dogs, then enclosed and secure for cold ice snow is entirely in keepng with the tŕue nature and use of Jeeps .
Thank you !
Old 07-20-2016, 12:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Cargo hatch panel in place on a 2dr hardtop.

Old 07-20-2016, 01:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jscherb
Cargo hatch panel in place on a 2dr hardtop.
That is so awesome! I've been wanting to do something like that to my 4dr hardtop.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 07-20-2016, 02:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ReconJeep
That is so awesome! I've been wanting to do something like that to my 4dr hardtop.
I've done a bunch of JKU prototype cargo hatches, they can be found throughout this thread.

Old 07-20-2016, 06:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn that's what I need for my 4 door,what ,how,where do I get these, or the plans to make them,and by the way damn fine work.
Old 07-20-2016, 10:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sodak
Damn that's what I need for my 4 door,what ,how,where do I get these, or the plans to make them,and by the way damn fine work.
http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...top-to-modular
Old 07-21-2016, 02:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Sodak
Thanks. If you're asking about the cargo hatches, they're not available (yet), they're part of a design project I'm doing for a Jeep accessories company. I'm doing a bunch of hardtop window replacement kits for them, the first one that should become available is a slider window kit for the late model JKU. Second will probably be a slider window kit for the late model JK 2 door. At this point I don't know if they'll decide to produce the cargo hatch kits, it depends on if they think there will be enough demand for them to make it worthwhile to produce them.
Old 07-21-2016, 06:16 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes I was and thank you.. I really hope they get produced.
Old 08-05-2016, 05:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Update on the JK Safari Cab project: I've been waiting for the glass to be cut and tempered, and it was supposed to be available over 2 weeks ago but a few delays came up with the tempering process. It hasn't been urgent since for the last two weeks I've been in Colorado enjoying some trail time.

I was told today that the glass is more-or-less ready and I can pick it up Monday morning. I say more-or-less because one of the vent windows broke in the tempering process and had to be remade. So Monday I'll pick up 6 of the 7 pieces of glass, hopefully the replacement vent window will be in later in the week. This won't delay the installation of the Safari Cab on the Jeep though, because the vent windows are based on Toyota FJ-40 vent windows and I've got some original FJ glass on hand. It's clear and my new glass is tinted, but I can install everything with the one clear vent and swap it in minutes when I get the tinted one.

Quick Reply: Custom modular JK hardtop