Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Expedition Modded Jeeps - Let's see 'em!!

Old 02-02-2012, 10:40 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by CCGRUNT0331
Well thanks for taking all the Productivity out of my day! Just read all 35 pages and great lookin rigs guys! Mark youve heard several times already but nice ride man! Down in south texas it takes me a day to get outta state, but id really like to visit some of the areas yall have been to....
Thanks for the compliment. And don't forget about Big Bend--some neat places to four wheel down there. It's on my bucket list (have been there, but not in a 4WD vehicle).
Old 02-02-2012, 10:54 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Thanks for the compliment. And don't forget about Big Bend--some neat places to four wheel down there. It's on my bucket list (have been there, but not in a 4WD vehicle).
When ever you are ready to go to Big Bend let me know . Its on my list of places to visit and I'll ride with you whenever you are ready. I was going to do Big Bend this year bust decided to hold off on it and got to Colorado instead.

Last edited by Sapper12b; 02-02-2012 at 11:08 PM.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sapper12b

When ever you are ready to go to Big Bend let me know . Its on my list of places to visit and I'll ride with you whenever you are ready. I was going to do Big Bend this year bust decided to hold off on it and got to Colorado instead.
Same here. Only been there once. Was on foot racing rather than riding. Would love to hit the trails with the jeep. Maybe we can get some more from the group interested and trip it
Old 02-03-2012, 06:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am in the final stages of a build right now. After many years of rock crawling we sold our TJ and picked up a two door JK X in late 2006 (I know I know it is a 2007). My plan with this jeep was to have a nice capable jeep that could take two people and a dog into the backcountry for climbing trips. With this in mind I outfitted the jeep with a 2” Rubicon Express lift and 35 Pro Comp Xtream AT’s. It came stock with towing package, so we had the rare and sought after 4.10 from the factory, witch was a great option in my opinion. I also installed an AEV snorkel and used AEV’s ProCal to correct the computer. We ran with no back seat and had an ARB fridge on the inside and used a hitch mounted Cargo rack on the back of the jeep for over size items and our water jugs. In the front all I added was Pro Comp 7” driving light on the bumper. After playing around for a year with the bestop oversize tire carrier (Trash by the way) I got the AEV tire carrier by it self; not need for the bumper too; and that fixed that problem. OH and the Best mod on this jeep was the Sony screen so we could watch dvd's while we got rained out on a climbing trip in Mexico.
Click image for larger version

Name:	38733_1490528537481_1062020629_1470675_1861482_n.jpg
Views:	1013
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	273549Click image for larger version

Name:	SB camp.jpg
Views:	934
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	273551Click image for larger version

Name:	highcountryhdr.jpg
Views:	1032
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	273552Click image for larger version

Name:	Highcountry1.jpg
Views:	985
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	273553Click image for larger version

Name:	Highcounrty2.jpg
Views:	902
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	273554

We had a lot of fun in our 2007, but this past summer my wife got pregnant and we needed something bigger. So after trying to sell it for a month I broke down and went in to try for a trade and you know what I got $17000 for it (just what I wanted to sell it for). We came home with a 2012 unlimited JK in Bright white with a hard top and 3.73 gear (just what I wanted). It also came with the connect package witch when we bought the jeep I could have done without, but now love!!!

From there the out fitting began. From AEV I ordered a 2” budget boost, premium front bumper, and a 2012 ready procal. From my buddy Shop in Austin I got a Warn VR8000, IPF 968 Driving Light, and a couple of other odds and ends. I also took of the AEV tire Carrier from my 07 to put on the new Jeep (sorry who ever bought it I set the Bestop in the best possible way for you). When it came to tire I went a little smaller than last time. The 35’s worked great for me with 4.10 and a 6 speed, but were a little over kill for my needs. With 3.73’s and an automatic in the new jeep I felt even with the new motor I would lose more power than the sweet look of 35’s were worth so on went some BFG AT’s in 33’s. Right now I am working on the internal storage options. We have the Fridge in the jeep and I have a Front Runner upright flat water tank (13.2 gallons) coming in. I’m looking to fabricate a barrier to keep gear behind hind the rear seat and keep the Dog and our new little adventurer safe from flying gear. Last I’ll be putting in Firestone ride-right air bag in the rear coils to finish the jeep off. Sorry I don’t have any pictures yet of the 2012 done. The best I can do is from a fly fishing trip from this fall with only 400 miles on the jeep to the Devils River.

More to come!!!

Biggs

Last edited by TexasTj; 02-03-2012 at 07:04 AM.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:21 AM
JK Freak

I have a question, what armor would be advised for an overlanding type set-up? I'm def gonna get the evap (or relocate), but is there anything that would be necessary? I never plan on doing any rocks or the like, just trails, camping, forest roads, hunting (woods), etc.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Your stock set up should be just fine for most of the situation. Keep it light. you will be adding a lot of weight else were. That's just my $0.02.

Biggs
Old 02-03-2012, 06:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Been to big bend when i was a kid, definitely! we should organize a trip there. And spur of the moment decided to head to luckenbach for a concert tomorrow night, gonna rotate tires then its all systems go flight
Old 02-03-2012, 07:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Vincent
I have a question, what armor would be advised for an overlanding type set-up? I'm def gonna get the evap (or relocate), but is there anything that would be necessary? I never plan on doing any rocks or the like, just trails, camping, forest roads, hunting (woods), etc.
I installed rock rails on mine (ACE) thinking I might need them on some trails. The real benefit though has been in getting to the roof rack. Standing on them makes RTT deployment or ski rack access much easier. Kids can get in my lifted rig easier too.

TexasTJ: Awesome story and nice new rig!
Old 02-03-2012, 05:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

My 09 Rubicon. Slowly getting it ready for long days and nights off the grid. Have my snorkel and awning to install still. Anyone have the AEV rear bumper?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3108481976.jpg
Views:	970
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	273681  
Old 02-03-2012, 06:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by weva09con
My 09 Rubicon. Slowly getting it ready for long days and nights off the grid. Have my snorkel and awning to install still. Anyone have the AEV rear bumper?
I have there tire carrier and love it! I will add the bumper later. It's super nice!

Quick Reply: Expedition Modded Jeeps - Let's see 'em!!