Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

IPF lights

Old 07-13-2010, 08:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by YingYang
Stock

Stock & IPF Side by Side

IPF's
Looks great. My friend has those as well...really bright!
Old 07-13-2010, 09:50 AM
bkw
JK Freak

Blue bulbs..

Can't stand em. Will be going for a set of Silverstar Ultras soon.

Old 07-13-2010, 10:41 AM
JK Newbie

Thumbs up

Thanks, azrwilkinson. Now my minds made up, they're definitely on the list.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

even though ipf's are a lot better then stock. I would go for some xenon HID's instead, if I had to re-do it.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:37 PM
JK Junkie

There is no way the stock lights are that white! They're like a flashlight. My mag lite puts out whiter light than that!

I had blue X4 fatboys and they were the best, then they started to get old and dim, so I went HIDs. (only do this if you live in the country, cuz it does glare!)

If my gf doesn't like the IPF bulbs, I can always get her a set of silverstar ultras and they would look similar anyways.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:08 PM
JK Junkie

so is what im gathering that the "blue" ipf's put out a white light not a blue light?
Old 04-26-2011, 06:38 PM
JK Freak

My headlights came with the blue lights. I couldn't see a damn thing with them, especially when it was wet out. I swapped them out for Sylvania Xtra Vision [slightly whiter and brighter then the regular replacements], and it was a night and day difference. I could finally see the road and the lines.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

For some stupid reason my ipf lights keep burning bulbs. I've been through two on my pass side in a couple weeks. Wtf.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:49 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by sringer
so is what im gathering that the "blue" ipf's put out a white light not a blue light?
Yes, it is a very white light. To get that they have a bit of blue tinting on the bulb that is easily seen in the reflector in the daytime (bkw's pic above shows that blue reflection clearly--it isn't an artifact of the photo). If you're into that ricer look, go for the blue IPFs. Otherwise, get the white. Or do what I did and use some cheap bulbs and be delighted with the results.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:18 AM
JK Junkie

Trust me on this... any bulb will be twice as bright with a proper wiring harness. I ran one with my Susquehanna E-Code hellas and silverstar bulbs were nearly as bright as some HID setups. Sure, the IPF has a nicer output and cutoff than the stockers, but the bulb is not putting out as much light as it could be.

Thinking about putting a harness on my girl's JK to work with her IPFs.

Quick Reply: IPF lights