Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Photos of Stock 18 sahara no lift with 33 tires

Old 08-27-2010, 07:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Photos of Stock 18 sahara no lift with 33 tires

Anyone have photos of their stock sahara rims wearing 33's. I'm thinking about buying Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ for my jk. I was told 275/70R18 would work without highway noise or tire rub without having a lift or spacers. I wanted to see if anyone has photos of this set up? I'm looking for something aggressive looking, but it's my daily driver and I can't afford a lift right now.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

ask and ye shall receive. sort of. I have 1.5" wheel spacers:

Goodyear Duratracs 275/70/18 on stock Sahara wheels. without the spacers, I believe it'll rub on the front air dam. just remove it. it looks bad anyway. you can always adjust your steering stops if they do rub at steering lock. you will have no rubbing issues flexing it out as long as you don't disconnect the sway bar.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:15 AM
JK Newbie

Did you have to reprogram to run the 33?
Sorry I am a newb to the Jeep world but loving it.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:00 AM
JK Freak

How would a 275/65 differ from a 275/70 in the rubbing issues.... also can you really not disco? and also does a 1.25 or 1.5 spacer issue solve ALL the issues.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by itsajeepthing
How would a 275/65 differ from a 275/70 in the rubbing issues.... also can you really not disco? and also does a 1.25 or 1.5 spacer issue solve ALL the issues.
I'm running the 275/65's without spacers and disco without any problems. Just some rubbing at full lock.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:52 AM
JK Newbie

These are 32's though.. but no rubbing issues at all.. everything stock... hope it helps
Old 08-29-2010, 04:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

the difference b/t 275/65 and 275/70 is only about 1/2" overall height, meaning 1/4" above the hub. not a big difference at all as far as rubbing goes.

i did reprogram the pcm, but didn't have to. the speedo was off a bit, and i have the superchips so i was able to do it easily.

as for not disco'ing, i honestly don't know. i haven't disco'd. i'm thinking i may need to extend the bumpstops when i do just to make sure the tires stay out of the fenders.

no, the spacers don't solve the rubbing. the rubbing happens on the front air dam whether you have spacers or not. i just don't like the tucked in look. plus the spacers make the track 3" wider, which helps for stability both on and off road
Old 08-29-2010, 04:43 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Bacon
the difference b/t 275/65 and 275/70 is only about 1/2" overall height, meaning 1/4" above the hub. not a big difference at all as far as rubbing goes.

i did reprogram the pcm, but didn't have to. the speedo was off a bit, and i have the superchips so i was able to do it easily.

as for not disco'ing, i honestly don't know. i haven't disco'd. i'm thinking i may need to extend the bumpstops when i do just to make sure the tires stay out of the fenders.

no, the spacers don't solve the rubbing. the rubbing happens on the front air dam whether you have spacers or not. i just don't like the tucked in look. plus the spacers make the track 3" wider, which helps for stability both on and off road
You know Im so glad i found this thread because ive been looking at doing exactly what you did with your JK, same tire size and lift. Just wondering if you could post some more pics of your JK from the side so i can see how much wheel well space you have and maybe some from the front so i can also how much wider the tires look on the JK.
Old 08-29-2010, 04:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't have any side views right now. i'll run out and take a few. check this thread in a couple hours.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:24 AM
JK Junkie

Thanks man because Im seriously thinking about doing the same thing you did, even thinking about getting the same tires. So a few quick questions for you. Since you running with this configuration how had your gas mileage been, what about road noise, any serious rubbing while driving around in general, and how do the tires handle in the rain? ... I know i know too many question, sorry

Quick Reply: Photos of Stock 18 sahara no lift with 33 tires