Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Side-mount Jerry Can Carriers for the JK

Old 05-17-2016, 03:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Cascade Wanderer
Have only mounted the passenger side so far. Works great for carrying an extra 5 gallons of fuel. No problems!

Have the driver's side mount and another Jerry can, but... I think for my trips this summer, I'll carry 5 gallons of fuel, and another 5 gallons of water on the driver's side, rather than even more extra fuel. Why not?

I like where it puts the weight on my two-door, between the axles, instead of hanging off the back of the Jeep.

CW
Storage is always tight in a 2-door, you could always use the second one for extra storage. A 60mm ammo can provides a good amount of space.

I agree with you on only carrying an amount of extra fuel might be necessary. On my trip to Moab/Death Valley/Mojave Desert in March/April, I was never going to need more than 3/4 tank per day, but I always want a little extra just in case when I'm far from civilization, so I carried a 5-liter can.

Old 02-07-2017, 05:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Having designed a number of jerry can and Rotopax carriers for the JK and TJ, I'm always on the lookout for new and interesting ways to carry fuel. When I found this stainless steel NATO can for less than $10 the other day, I had to grab one.

I don't think I'll need to design a mount for this one though, pretty much everyone already has a place to carry it:

Two of them fit very nicely in a pouch I've got hanging on the Molle Bar sleeve on my roll bar...

These are of course completely useless on the trail - they're intended to hold a convenient little nip, but alcohol has absolutely no place on the trail.
Old 02-07-2017, 05:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Emergency Water ! Alcohol stove fuel ! Just don't mix 'em up
Old 02-09-2017, 10:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jscherb
Having designed a number of jerry can and Rotopax carriers for the JK and TJ, I'm always on the lookout for new and interesting ways to carry fuel. When I found this stainless steel NATO can for less than $10 the other day, I had to grab one. I don't think I'll need to design a mount for this one though, pretty much everyone already has a place to carry it: Two of them fit very nicely in a pouch I've got hanging on the Molle Bar sleeve on my roll bar... These are of course completely useless on the trail - they're intended to hold a convenient little nip, but alcohol has absolutely no place on the trail.
I am thinking a little Jack Daniels at the campfire at the end of the day.
Old 02-09-2017, 10:38 AM
JK Super Freak

I got this comment from someone...

they could prove helpful for a more rugged container for 1st aid liquids (rubbing alcohol or peroxide) keep them on the the roll bar near the 1st aid kit, maybe find a way to strap them in
I thought that was a good idea so I went through my collection of Molle pouches and a grenade pouch is a perfect size for the mini jerry can. That pouch plus a "Molle Bars" sleeve like the one in the photo to go on the roll bar and you can mount the grenade pouch plus the first aid kit very nicely.

Old 04-23-2017, 02:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Over a year of living with the side-mount Jerry can on my JK, and no problems at all! Very pleased. No rattles, nada. Just extra fuel, when needed.

Sure is nice to have the extra fuel on board, when on long trips through lightly populated areas.

Guy
Old 04-23-2017, 04:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice Set-Up ! Fuel on one side, water on the other great for Camping here too.
Old 04-23-2017, 05:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I just read thru all the posts. I kept expecting to see where someone had torn one off his Jeep. They seem like they'd get whacked on rocks or trees but I guess not.

Nice product and I like the other ideas you have as well.

Keep up the good work.
Old 04-23-2017, 06:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Tumbleweed44
Well I just read thru all the posts. I kept expecting to see where someone had torn one off his Jeep. They seem like they'd get whacked on rocks or trees but I guess not.

Nice product and I like the other ideas you have as well.

Keep up the good work.
They're up pretty high and just barely stick out past the fenders, so you'd really have to work at it to hit them on rocks or trees. In the year or so they've been on the market the company that's doing them has sold a lot of them and I've yet to hear of anyone having an obstacle problem.
Old 04-23-2017, 06:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Cascade Wanderer
Over a year of living with the side-mount Jerry can on my JK, and no problems at all! Very pleased. No rattles, nada. Just extra fuel, when needed.

Sure is nice to have the extra fuel on board, when on long trips through lightly populated areas.

Guy
That's a very nice endorsement - thanks for posting!

Quick Reply: Side-mount Jerry Can Carriers for the JK