Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Side-mount Jerry Can Carriers for the JK

Old 05-11-2017, 03:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Here's an interesting use of the side mounts - Matt's got them installed on both sides of his JKU, but wanted to make it easy to dispense water from them. He's modified the tray slightly so the can is able to lay down, and he's done a nice spigot cap for his jerry cans. The cans are normally held vertically in the tray, but when he gets to his destination (looks like this one might be a scouting event), he rotates the cans and puts the spigot cap in place. Nicely done!

Old 05-13-2017, 08:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great idea! Those Jerry cans are cool, are they custom stainless steel ?
I can't make out the insignia on them...
Old 05-13-2017, 10:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Four Low
Great idea! Those Jerry cans are cool, are they custom stainless steel ?
I can't make out the insignia on them...
Jerry Can - Dinuba Water
Old 05-15-2017, 08:43 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Jscherb, do you know if the side-mount carriers (housing the NATO or Scepter cans without modification to the steel base/mount) will work with MOPAR's new hi-line/hi-clear fender flares? Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 8.41.05 PM.png
Views:	190
Size:	656.4 KB
ID:	671540

Old 05-16-2017, 03:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by DJ1
Hey Jscherb, do you know if the side-mount carriers (housing the NATO or Scepter cans without modification to the steel base/mount) will work with MOPAR's new hi-line/hi-clear fender flares? Thanks!
Attachment 671540
I don't have access to any Jeeps with those fenders so I don't know but I wouldn't be surprised if some adjustment would be needed in order for it to fit. The base has some clearance to the stock fenders, so depending on how much extra space the hi-lines take up that may fit, but there's less clearance between the tray and the stock fenders so new holes may need to be drilled in the base to mount the tray slightly higher to clear the hi-line fenders.
Old 05-29-2017, 01:48 PM
JK Super Freak

A few weeks ago I posted photos sent to me by Matt, who modified his jerry can and his side mount to dispense water through a spigot. Today he sent me photos of some other modified jerry cans he used in his local Memorial Day parade.

His Jeep is the one two behind the second fire truck, with the lights on the light bar...

He says:

Speakers and microphone worked great. Added a great element to the town parade. I broadcasted patriotic music and was able to call out names of the kids I recognized along the route!

Next project . . . jerry can margarita-maker machine?
Old 06-04-2017, 11:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Just returned home from a three week, 4,500 mile trip to and from Alaska. I've had the side mount carrier for over a year, and it worked just fine on this long journey. Very nice to have that extra 5 gallons of fuel readily available on some of the longer stretches between fuel stations!

Guy
Old 06-05-2017, 12:48 PM
JK Super Freak

I'm sure it was a great trip, thanks for posting the update!!

Alaska was the main reason for the creation of the side mounts - a few years ago I was planning a trip from here in NY up to Fairbanks and then up the Dalton Highway to Arctic Ocean at Deadhorse, and because in the roughly 500 miles between Fairbanks and Deadhorse there's only one gas stop I decided I needed extra fuel on board, so the TJ/LJ side mounts were born. This photo is in the first post in this thread:

When I got back from Alaska I designed the JK side mounts.

More Alaska connections... A year ago Four Wheeler reported on a rally event in Alaska/Northern Canada, and one of the Jeeps the featured had side mounts... 5,000 Frozen Miles In A Jeep

And last week a person in Alaska posted his use of the side mounts; he's got a Rubican with a spigot mounted on his JK for carrying and dispensing water...

Lots of connections to Alaska for these .
Old 06-05-2017, 03:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

I well remember those top two photos!

Thanks for coming up with a good, and very useful, product!

Guy
Old 06-05-2017, 05:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Cascade Wanderer
I well remember those top two photos!

Thanks for coming up with a good, and very useful, product!

Guy
Thank you for saying so, I'm glad you like it .

Quick Reply: Side-mount Jerry Can Carriers for the JK