Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Trektop NX so sweet.

Old 04-17-2012, 03:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by snags922
I ordered mine for the JKU from Quadratec last Wednesday. It's on backorder. Is it the OEM style 3-piece tailgate bar with the left retainer, right retainer and tailgate bar all separate - NOT riveted to the bar? Because I was going to order the OEM tailgate bar with the retainer clips.
Mine was all riveted together....I assumed this is the OEM style bar, but since I have a hardtop, I've never really seen a true OEM soft top tailgate bar since my TJ days. Why would you want the three pieces separate? Seems even more of a PITA to me?
Old 04-17-2012, 03:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 71Luber
Mine was all riveted together....I assumed this is the OEM style bar, but since I have a hardtop, I've never really seen a true OEM soft top tailgate bar since my TJ days. Why would you want the three pieces separate? Seems even more of a PITA to me?
I don't know how the Trektop NX rear window is but on my previous JKU you could easily disconnect the tailgate bar and roll the window up without removing it. Also was handy for disconnecting it to load something in the back.

Looks like I will have to order the tailgate bar and retainer kit from Quadratec after all.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hmmm, well this one just unclips from the tub and you can roll with the bar in place or slide it off the window and then roll. It seems to me having the bar in one piece would be more convenient than 3 pieces.

I really don't get why they didn't just make the bar the same as the TJ bar. The top clipped to it just like the side windows do to the body rail. You could easily separate it from the bar or roll the bar up in the window. That style makes more sense than this c rail thing that can only be removed by sliding to the side the entire length of the rear window.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:27 AM
JK Super Freak

I love mine...was a pain to install....it was warm but not warm enough I couldn't wait

Old 04-17-2012, 04:47 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I reused the OEM tail gate bar with mine. 3 separate pieces (the bar and 2 retaining brackets that stay attached to the tub). Quick to get it in/out or completely remove the rear window.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

I wish I saved mine. I had dual tops on my 2008 JKU that I recently traded in for my 2012 JKU Rubicon. DAMN...should have kept the entire softtop!!! I am giving myself a virtual kick in the ass as we speak!!!

Last edited by snags922; 04-17-2012 at 05:01 AM.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 71Luber
I have read a lot of posts with people complaining about the Trektop NX, particularly, the install.

Mine arrived at 11 AM today and by 12:15, it was on and fits like a glove. It took about 30 minutes in the 80* sun today to get it all shifted/adjusted right, but all zippers are buttoned up and she is nice and snug. If you've been on the fence about this product, don't be. I really don't understand the issues I've seen with the install. Instructions are straight forward and if you ever had a Jeep soft top before (CJ, YJ, TJ or JK) you will pretty much be able to look at the parts and assemble with no issues.

I also ordered from 4WD.com, who had some real mixed reviews in the past. Dealt with Bustabiz....ordered Thursday morning at the best price I could find shipped. The top was on a UPS truck Friday and here today. I'd definitely use them again.

If you're looking for a soft top, this thing is the tits. Cheaper than an OEM replacement or a Supertop and extremely versatile with all the different configurations it does.

And I know you all want pics....

Thanks for the notes! Can you PM me what you paid for the NX? Looking for the best deal on a summer top.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

It looks like you are looking for a price on the JKU Trektop NX. You don't have a 2-door - correct? Anyway, I ordered mine last week and the best price I found was Quadratec - $632.69 free shipping and no tax.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:30 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by XBlacky08X
Does this top leak in the rain?
The day i put mine on i had to drive 4 hours on the interstate. It is a soft top so it aint quiet, but definately no worse than the stocker. It came what we in the South call a "terd floater" (imagine enough rain to flood a sewer) the top did not leak a drop and it was being throughly tested.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

It rained like crazy yesterday here in Houston, no leaks.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3145141697.jpg
Views:	1851
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	305463   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-865398950.jpg
Views:	1645
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	305464  

Quick Reply: Trektop NX so sweet.