Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 01-14-2019, 11:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauge Face Upgrade

Hi everyone.
I just registered today, and this is my first post.
Here is a pic of my gauge face. Easy to install and pretty inexpensive...
Old 01-20-2019, 08:26 AM
JK Newbie

Default I picked up a set of Jpeggz and love then

I love the Jeep 100x more when itís naked... I picked up a set of Jpeggz this week and couldnít wait to try them out... froze my butt off as it dipped down to low 40s.... #nodoors #doorsoff #wranglerjk #jeepwranglerjk #wranglerfootpegs #wranglermirrors #gotopless #jpeggz

Comfortable footrest and uses door nuts to keep them from walking off when your Jeep is left unattended

Old 01-20-2019, 08:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Replaced the timing chain & gears on my '09 JKUR. Only 74,500 well maintained miles. The chain had about 1" of slack and was rattling like a maraca. Straightforward job, but a lot has to be R&R'd. Not impressed with either the design (no tensioner) or the quality of materials used.
Old 01-27-2019, 11:40 AM
JK Newbie

Default grill inserts

Installed grill inserts on the 2011 JKU. Just a quick job to update front. Oh and had the Freedom tops off as it was 73 degrees in NorCal.
(New to JK Forum btw, first post, have used it a bunch for researching maintenance and hope to give back a bit. Also looking to keep it maintained for the *next* 100k miles.) I know, "It's a Jeep", but don't shame me for not beating the hell out of it like my first two Jeeps...

Old 02-03-2019, 05:42 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

New set of 37's mounted and took her for a street stroll.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20190202_133415.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	2.35 MB
ID:	677299   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190202_133358.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	2.53 MB
ID:	677300   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190202_133351.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	2.70 MB
ID:	677301  
Old 02-04-2019, 09:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by SoK66 View Post
Amassing parts, fluids & tools to replace the timing chain set on my Ď09 JKUR. Only 75,000 miles. Not pleased about this. Chain is loose as a goose, have never had a timing chain wear out this quickly. Job isnít all that difficult, giant PITA!
Replaced the timing chain & gears, discovered the passenger side exhaust manifold had shed the frontmost bolt and left the shank in the cylinder head. On disassembly for the lower intake manifold seal I pulled the exhaust manifold and discovered it was warped and was developing a crack. Parts order included the new manifold, gasket 6 new bolts, both downpipe bolts & nut assemblies. Installed the new manifold before doing the lower intake manifold gasket. Some work with a Dremel and a right angle adapter, plus some dental drill-style bits created a large enough hole in the broken off bolt shank to get a sharp Easy-Out in securely. The bolt backed right out. Because one of the plug wires on the passenger side had decided to come apart on removal I installed a whole new set and repaired the crumbled conduit on the coil module harness. Lower intake manifold gasket and manifold went back on easily. Having discovered the thermostat gasket had been leaking as well I installed a new thermostat and was surprised to see the factory torque spec of 250 inch pounds for the PLASTIC thermostat housing. Clearly a mistake for those tiny bolts. Just torqued them to around 100 inch pounds and called it good. Reattached the harness for the injectors and sensors and repaired some deteriorated split loom conduit on it as well. The push-pins for the injectors wouldn't secure on their brackest, so I added some zip ties to hold them in place. Upper intake manifold went back on with new gaskets ($8 a piece from Chrysler!). The 105 inch pound torque spec for the upper intake manifold's 8 bolts was also suspect. I did it at 80 ft lbs and left it. Now came the next surprise. When I tried to plug in the throttle body connector BOTH locking tabs on it broke off. Had to order Mopar kit # 68018956AC for a new one & repair kit. Was able to just replace the connector without having to splice in new wires. Having discovered the PCV valve loose in it's socket on the driver side valve cover it was replaced. Everything else buttoned up, oil & coolant added, fingers crossed, cranked it for oil pressure using the "clear out" proceedure (accelerator held to the floor while cranking) for about ten seconds. Fired it up, checked for leaks...VOILA! Runs likea top, no more timing chain noise, no leaks.

That was my week...LOL!
Old 02-05-2019, 09:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I turned her into a popsicle!

Old 02-10-2019, 10:27 AM
JK Newbie

Default new Duratrac 33" 275/70 18

Took the 2011 JKU out to test the wheel well clearance on the the new Duratrac 33s. They are 275/70 on stock 18s, and aside from the new tires I am trying to keep everything else stock. No clearance problems on the fenders on this light flex test. I am not going to be doing heavy rock crawling. As I expected before installation (after much research on this forum) there is some rubbing on the sway bar at full turn so I may still add 1.5in spacers.

Old 02-10-2019, 05:10 PM
JK Newbie

Default Regear 3.21 ó> Yukon 4.88; Rear Detroit Eaton Trutrac

Regear 3.21 ó> Yukon 4.88; Rear Detroit Eaton Trutrac
Old 02-12-2019, 04:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Repainted flaking hood hinges.
Before
Hosted by JeepParking.com
After
Hosted by JeepParking.com

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: