Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2012 Jeep order status

Old 04-12-2012, 12:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cajunaviator
MortuaR, did you get yours? I've been so busy and there have been so many posts. It's been hard for me to keep up with everyone. If you did get it, was it worth the grueling wait?
No worries - I did get mine, picked it up at the end of March. I love it, totally worth the wait. I think i have a minor 'toe-out' issue, but nothing alarming at all. Loving every second of driving it, just over 500 miles on the odometer now. Here is a pic I took the day after I brought it home.

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6232/6...233bf75f_z.jpg

There are more pics back on page 85 of this thread, it just wouldn't let me easily copy and paste the links.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rubi_Chill
Try this, insert your info accordingly. copy paste into browser. Remove space between ww w. It should come up as a lot of text. There should be a status code somewhere in the text. There is a sticky on what all the status codes mean. I was able to track my build with this, it was accurate for me.

https://w ww.jeep.com/vots/VOTSServlet?firstName=&lastName=LASTNAME&vin_last8=&orderno=VON&service=json&random=0.27533263434350164
How did you figure this out? I was actually able to see my status as D1 and it even had my VIN number buried in there. Before now, all I had was a VON.

Last edited by thedrod; 04-12-2012 at 04:09 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:42 PM
JK Newbie

Got a call from the dealer today,said mine was leaving Toledo,should have it in two weeks! No third email and no change on vots,hope he's right. In two weeks it will have been seven weeks exactly to delivery.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thedrod

How did you figure this out? I was actually able to see my status as D1 and it even had my VIN number buried in there. Before now, all I had was a VON.
I found that link on some grand cherokee forum, tried it for the wrangler and it worked. There is also a way to view and download your window sticker after its built.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bigred09
Got a call from the dealer today,said mine was leaving Toledo,should have it in two weeks! No third email and no change on vots,hope he's right. In two weeks it will have been seven weeks exactly to delivery.
ours are exactly on the same schedule. dealer told me April 23 is the date it is estimated to be at dealer. seems like we will get them at the same time. I ordered mine in chattanooga, tn the same time you did in GA. I can't wait.

Luke
Old 04-12-2012, 06:42 PM
JK Newbie

Mine came in today!!!! Now just gotta find some free time to go per it up. I can't wait!
Old 04-12-2012, 06:50 PM
JK Freak

Try this, insert your info accordingly. copy paste into browser. Remove space between ww w. It should come up as a lot of text. There should be a status code somewhere in the text. There is a sticky on what all the status codes mean. I was able to track my build with this, it was accurate for me.

https://w ww.jeep.com/vots/VOTSServlet?firstName=&lastName=LASTNAME&vin_last8 =&orderno=VON&service=json&random=0.27533263434350 164
I got my vin today by calling my dealer. Estimated ship date. 4/25.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MortuaR, looking good. I installed a few goodies yesterday. Tuffy under seat security drawer, MOPAR entry guards. Quadratec trailer hitch with wiring, all the factory free-bee grab handles & clothing handles and the front and rear silver Sahara bumper overlays that were brand new take-offs. Tomorrow I am going to install my CHR550 Lockpick and backup camera. Then I will spend Sunday washing and waxing her.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

I found that link on some grand cherokee forum, tried it for the wrangler and it worked. There is also a way to view and download your window sticker after its built.
I know that you can go to any jeep dealer website, select a jeep from their inventory, choose "view window sticker", and then in the address bar, you simply replace the VIN you want to see with the one that is already there.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thedrod
I know that you can go to any jeep dealer website, select a jeep from their inventory, choose "view window sticker", and then in the address bar, you simply replace the VIN you want to see with the one that is already there.
Yep, I've been doing this for years, this comes in especially handy when searching for a new vehicle on cars.com, autrader.com, etc. If the vehicle you're interested in far away just run the VIN to get the exact build specs and MSRP.

I've done this with Jeeps and Fords, I assume it will work for most as long as you use the correct URL from a dealer website or manufacturer website.

Quick Reply: 2012 Jeep order status