Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

4WD / 2WD MPG comparison

Old 01-09-2008, 07:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wayland1985
Do you think people in the southern states are using their 4wd??? I See the 90% figure to be very reasonable.
this is a very true statement, maybe once or twice a year here in Atlanta, GA the roads MIGHT get some ice on them. Now up in the mountains its more likely but thats mountains. There are tons of 4x4 vehicles down here that dont see the off road. People still live in the "i live in the south, im a redneck, i need a jacked up truck". Take for example the lady i work with... Her husband just bought a new chevy 1500 4dr 4x4. He payed for the dealer to put a big lift and 33" MT tires on it and this thing looks so badass! THen had nerf bars installed. I asked her when he was going to get that bad boy off road and she told me "he says he will never once take it off road, doesnt want to scratch it and is currently looking for new fender flares to keep the tires from throwing any dirt/road debree on the body". The guy keeps towels over all the seats and footwell area and washes it every week. He hasnt even put it in 4wd and he has had it for well over 2 months now...

Old 01-09-2008, 07:28 PM
JK Super Freak

All I can say is I am glad they dont even make the JK in 2wd up here in Canada!!!!! The only 2wd you can get is on the Compass and the Patriot.

JK in 2wd is just not right and buying one is a SIN! ....but that's just my opinion.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:34 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Matador
All I can say is I am glad they dont even make the JK in 2wd up here in Canada!!!!! The only 2wd you can get is on the Compass and the Patriot.

JK in 2wd is just not right and buying one is a SIN! ....but that's just my opinion.
Hey, be nice! There are a few 2wd JK owners on this site. Still, though, I'm sure they'll tell you, being a 2wd vehicle it's still probably very capable!
Old 01-09-2008, 07:38 PM
JK Super Freak

I'm not bashing just sharing my opinion

I would still wave to you guys

Quick Reply: 4WD / 2WD MPG comparison