Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Any regrets on parts??

Old 02-09-2008, 05:31 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by capt scotty
Has anyone used a Champion winch. They are from Cosco. 8,000# at $299.00 with mounting plate and roller fairlead. For occasional use I thought it might be ok. Anybody have any thoughts? I have emptied all my pockets on the other mods, I would like to keep my wife if at all possible......
For occasional use its good. We use it on RubyDoo and it has worked well so far but after 3 straight pulls it dies out and also after the 2 the battery light comes on. Have to keep the engine rpms up above 2000 while winching.

Originally Posted by jsmoriss
- Skid Row Engine Skid (cancelled but shipped anyway -- returned) : Too big and heavy. js.
I have been running this skid plate for 6 months and it supports the jeep wonderfully, mine does have a dent in the middle of it but it has also been skidded over many a rock WITHOUT any noises from it at all.

Back on topic; so far the dammed cigarre box/carbon canister under the jeep, it has been causing problems on both RubiJeeps. I hate "gascap"!!!!!!!!

Other than that nothing so far, its been a great ride and i do love my RubyDoo and she will get her name on her hood soon.

Kat
Old 02-12-2008, 03:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had bought the 1 3/4" rough country BB and it was a bad sign from the time i got it till the time i took it off. they sent me the wrong hardwhare , then they didnt send the bushings for the shocks, dont have a relocation bracket for the rear track bar, (they dont make one) they said everything is fine nothing will happen if u dont have one, so im back to stock and im going to save up and buy a diff lift.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

My seat clovers seat covers. Grey is actually like a a teal.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sixt7gt350
K&N air filter.
No noticeable power gain and I've lost tank average MPG since. I will put the factory filter back in again to see if it lost MPG after the break-in period and was just coincidental to the K&N.
Well, I've confirmed that my MPG decreased after break-in. I got worse with the factory filter than I was getting with the K&N. I put the K&N back in yesterday. Weather is still cold here, so it should be a fair comparison on the next couple tanks.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:58 PM
JK Jedi Master

My first set of tires. They were way too small.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:26 AM
JK Newbie

Default go with a skid plate instead of an evap relo kit

I just put on a evap relocation kit last night and what a pain. Had to cut some OE hoses and although I'm done, I know I should should put some hose clamps on that should have been included in the kit. The instructions were almost worthless too. If I had to do it over again I would go with the skid plate and save the OE and the time. I my feel better if some can tell what I can use the extra space for under my rig.

This post shows a plate on the Evap Canister:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...4&postcount=39
Old 02-26-2008, 06:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Problem with....

Originally Posted by seer1
The Skidrow front skid and the Bestop Tailgate Rack Bracket for Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited, 07. That front skid doesn't really seem to do anything, maybe it's more meant for the Rubi E-Sway bar. The holes weren't lined up right so I had to drill the bumper. Now that I have a new bumper coming, it's probably going on Ebay. [IMG][/IMG]
That bracket was a first thought, but I decided to go with that Rock Hard and the attached trail rack instead. That's headed to Ebay too, although the rack itself is going to be hung from my roll bar inside for better use of my cargo space on extended camping trips.

...earlier Skid Row front skids...I spoke with Skid Row about this, and they did admit there were issues with earlier versions...they promisd me that mine would not be a problem, and they were right...holes lined up perfectly and she bolted right in...now...taking off the plastic air dam was a chore, but I managed to salvage all the fasteners without damage.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by SaharaBlackNo1
While

And not totally on topic, but what the hell is with instructions nowadays? Has anyone actually gotten a decent set with anything they've purchased? It's like they have 3rd grade immigrant kids writing these things. lol
Why does it have to be "immigrant" kids? A simple third grader would have sufficed...hopefully this forum does not support immigrant bashing?
Old 02-26-2008, 07:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i would like to trade my smittybuilt nerf bars, which actually look great and can take quite a beating, for some (any) rock rails. I didn't realize how important rock rails were until it was too late. it'll buff out.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:21 PM
JK Freak

bump for more........

Quick Reply: Any regrets on parts??