Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Any regrets on parts??

Old 08-23-2007, 05:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i wasted money on 33" tires and 1.5" wheel spacers
Old 08-23-2007, 05:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought the stainless door entry guards from mopar. Should have got the black ones for half the price. They look better and cover more.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Bestop Safari top

My JK Ulimited came with the factory hard top so I don't have the door surrounds that the soft top would have. Thus my safari top flops around and doesn't fit on the sides like I'd like.:sad: Kinda looks unfinished.

My solution...I'm going to build some sort of hard safari top, maybe incorperating a Yakima basket or something and bolt it to the cage. Gotta keep the Arizona sun off.

Anybody need a Bestop Safari top in black diamond?
Old 08-23-2007, 06:22 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default MOPAR mirror relocator

So far my crappiest designed part is the MOPAR mirror relocation kit. It is just a TJ mirror mounted to a metal plate that sticks out way too much. No thought or engineering went into it. It was the only thing available at the time I bought it. I have the Rugged Ridge ones on BACKorder right now. They look much better and include a round cover for the mirror holes in the door.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:33 AM
JK Freak

Default Warrior junk and Bestop Safari

Lets see.. Hhmmm so many mistakes to make..!!

I special ordered corners without the license plate cutout from WARRIOR.. They didn't fit right.. sent them back saying get it right or refund.. No word from them, 2 weeks later, a refund showed up on my credit card acct. So I lost shipping..

I didn't like the Bestop safari.. Got rid of that..

Bought a Teraflex 2.5 BB.(used) Didn't even install it..
Going for broke with a Rancho Long Arm...

Last edited by captsam54; 08-24-2007 at 01:39 AM.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by seer1
Great idea for a thread!
Originally Posted by Grant211
Great thread idea!!!
Thanks guys. I figured it would help the entire community.

Keep 'em coming! Let's hear about your regrets............
Old 08-24-2007, 06:41 AM
JK Super Freak

- Seat Glovers neoprene seat covers (returned) : Side airbag slot didn't stay closed.

- Nifty Extreme floor mats (returned) : There's and actual HOLE in the front floor mats!

- Skid Row Engine Skid (cancelled but shipped anyway -- returned) : Too big and heavy.

js.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Due to some strange circumstances I was able to get a pretty nice discount on the MOPAR front winch bumper from my dealer. Now, after having seen all the other offerings out there, I could have spent my money much better.

The foglights on the bumper are an afterthought, the plastic covers on the crush cans are just waiting to get wrecked and look like crap, and for the price, even with the discount I got I would have been better off getting any number of the other aftermarket bumpers.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well, after reading through this thread and seeing the post about the rugged ridge mirror bracket, I definately regret getting the MOPAR mirror bracket. It is cheaper and looks cleaner to do BOTH mirrors with those brackets than to do one with the MOPAR one. That and they supply the filler plate for the door.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:23 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mopar=crap

So far all the MOPAR stuff I have is pretty shoddy. The slush mats look great, but the Husky liners provide better coverage. The Freedom Top panel bag is thin and cheaply made. The Misch one is much nicer, but way too expensive. The soft top boot is crap and is tearing already. I got that with the soft top though. Hoping someone makes a better boot soon!

Quick Reply: Any regrets on parts??