Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Any regrets on parts??

Old 08-24-2007, 07:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to agree John98026 on the Warrior products. I purchased the mirror relocation brackets. They look horrible and vibrate something terrible. Used them once, now they sit on a shelf. I also tried the cheap $16.00 mirror from Autozone. Way to small of a mirror, and it didn't look right on the JK. Also sitting on a shelf. I have the Rugged Ridge on back order, so I am waiting to see how they work. But, from the looks of it they look well built and well thought out. Time will tell. So much headache for a simple mirror.

More time to think about it. I got the Bestop door storage bags as a gift. Thought they would be practical, but they are cheaply made. Zippers pull apart with the slightest pressure. Towels work just as well.

Last edited by 1JK's*; 08-24-2007 at 08:00 PM.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:41 AM
JK Newbie

Mopar grab handles with Jeep logos. Overkill.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:43 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by armycop
So far all the MOPAR stuff I have is pretty shoddy. The slush mats look great, but the Husky liners provide better coverage. The Freedom Top panel bag is thin and cheaply made. The Misch one is much nicer, but way too expensive. The soft top boot is crap and is tearing already. I got that with the soft top though. Hoping someone makes a better boot soon!
How bad is the Mopar freedom panel bag? Is it even worth buying? or should I look at other options?
Old 08-24-2007, 07:51 AM
JK Freak

Lange Originals Hardtop Roof Panel Storage ...

Cheap clips that don't fit. Broke the second time I used it. Not very user freindly. The Mopar bag is a much better value.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ditto azbronco on Warrior relocation brackets - they shake & vibrate way too much, which could easily be engineered out :

Aftermarket manufacturers pls note - there is a lug/tag buried inside the stock mirror bracket (absent on the Warrior bracket) that the stock mirror stalk slots into, which firmly secures the mirror stalk into the bracket and the torx bolt from underneath then tightens all together. Take a look, easy to spot, easy to fix....
Old 08-24-2007, 09:02 AM
JK Freak

Not sure if it counts, but I wouldn't have purchased the side steps when I purchase the jeep if I knew then what I know now - I would have saved the money for rails suitable for off road or ordered even the rubi rails....all I do is step over them and the kids only use them sometimes... this is a great thread!
Old 08-24-2007, 09:26 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by bly109
How bad is the Mopar freedom panel bag? Is it even worth buying? or should I look at other options?
I have this and wouldn't have put it on this list. But, having said that, I think someone can come up with a better cover. First, it's obviously very cheaply made. I have covers for the T-top on my '79 Trans Am, and they're a heavy fabric with a nice cushioning material inside. Now, those are glass and the JK's tops aren't. But, I wonder if the designer of the JK cover ever actually used it!

That is, you have to take one top off first (driver's side) and set it to the side because if you put it into the bag, even though it's in your hands!!!!, it will be in the way when you go to put the other one in (unless you don't mind making the entire conglomeration three times as thick as it should be, and risking damaging the tops with the top latches between the two panels). Then you take off the other top and put it into the bag. A flimsy separator then is Velcro'ed into place--don't count on this to do much more than prevent scratching--it is very thin material. Now retrieve the other top and place it into the bag and fool around with getting them lined up just so--then zipper the entire assembly closed.

Like I said: If the person who designed this actually used it, he'd have redesigned it.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:30 AM
JK Newbie

This is an awesome thread!
I regret buying the Gibbson dual flow exhaust.
It looks awesome but where is the advertised 15- 20 HP gains?
It' also louder than I expected.
I wish I would have saved the extra loot for the Borla.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:33 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

What I got that I'm not longer using/or expect to no longer use:

1. Mopar tire cover. I like the looks better without it--too "soccer-mom looking".

2. Mopar carpet mats. It became obvious after my first mudding trip that those mats wouldn't cut it. Replaced with Husky liners.

3. Flashlight holder. Don't recall who made it, but when it arrived I suspected that it was too lightweight to hold a real flashlight, and, sure enough, my 4-cell Maglite has caused the securing straps to sag way too much--this in just a few months. I expect within a few more months it will no longer hold the flashlight.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:36 AM
JK Freak

if i could do it again, i would have gone with Teraflex 3" standard lift instead of the 2.5 BB.

i had the dealer install the lift, wheels and tires for 400. would have been the same price with the 3" lift.

the budget boost doesnt seem to justify the cost if you pay to get it installed.

Quick Reply: Any regrets on parts??