Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Any regrets on parts??

Old 09-13-2008, 12:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One temporary regret - AirRaid CAI.
Put in on and noticed some vibrations. Did seem like some seat of the pants improvement. Took it off and realized it did really did appear to improve power.
Reinstalled it, but this time I put in rubber isolators on all fastening points. Vibrations dissappeared.
Been on for about 2500 miles. So far so good.

One bigger regret - Gibson dual exit exhaust. Terrible sounding, Loud (but not good loud),(at times). Fit was OK, finish was OK. I went with the cheaper aluminized. Took it off within 24 hrs. Sitting in the corner of the garage for several months.
I may not abandon it totally, as I think an additional resonator may help the sound. Thinking about putting in a magnaflow upstream (just where it starts the single run). a 14x4 will fit no problem. (4 door)

RB

Last edited by RubiRedRider; 09-13-2008 at 02:13 PM.
Old 09-13-2008, 04:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

lots of good and bad , but its nice to know the trouble that has been found with products out there before you buy(unfortunatly at the expense of others) but just want to say thanx to everyone who posted to help out and warn the rest of us thanx guys
Old 09-23-2008, 08:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Location: Sitting on top of the world with my legs hanging free
Default Outlaw Mirrors

Wish i had just researched more and bought relocation brackets.. Not that they don't work well and serve their purpose, but more than once i have taken the doors off left the house only to realize i forgot my mirrors and had to go backbonehead
Old 09-23-2008, 09:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Mirror relocation brackets.

I've had the rugged ridge relocation brackets on for some time, and finally took them off last weekend. Passenger side was worthless. Went camping with the travel trailer last weekend, and had to move the mirrors back to be able to see anything.

Now, i'm looking for better replacement mirrors.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RubiconOrdie
Of all my upgrades I gotta got with the AIRAID stuff. I mean, I may of picked up 5HP or something but it's hardly worth the 200 bucks. I was never really impressed with any gains from it, if any. I was eager to upgrade something, so, I did. Now, I'm about to put the stock back on since I want a snorkel....so it was in, the end, a waste of money.
Thats too bad cause my experience with Air Raid has been the complete opposite. Love it.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SpinningBull
I've had the rugged ridge relocation brackets on for some time, and finally took them off last weekend. Passenger side was worthless. Went camping with the travel trailer last weekend, and had to move the mirrors back to be able to see anything.
Now, i'm looking for better replacement mirrors.
Get the Warrior brackets They give a perfect view on both driver and passenger sides, just need to make the simple 'fix' - see my post#26 on this thread https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ior#post594043

Originally Posted by Anglah
Wish i had just researched more and bought relocation brackets.. Not that they don't work well and serve their purpose, but more than once i have taken the doors off left the house only to realize i forgot my mirrors and had to go backbonehead
Most brackets do not interferre when the doors and mirrors are on (in stock position). I leave the Warrior brackets on year-round, the doors open without hitting them.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:38 AM
Ben
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bly109
How bad is the Mopar freedom panel bag? Is it even worth buying? or should I look at other options?
I love my mopar freedom panel bag, it works great!

And I also like my o/r bumpers although the front looks goofy right now until I fill it with a winch. But I will agree that those plastic crush cans are stupid. They look like metal, but aren't. It wouldn't bother me so much if you could buy them separately, but so far I hear you can't. So if one ever gets crushed, I will have to try to fab some metal ones up.

And sorry, I have no idea how old this thread is or how long ago you posted this.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wife Mod, Wife Mod always gets in the way of other mods. Wife Mod also seems to break often. Wife Mod is not easy to fix because Wife Mod did not come with a manual. Hard to find parts for and impossible to replace without losing power.

Girlfriend Mod is OK, if it breaks just replace it.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BUMP... This thread is one of the best I've read!
Old 11-14-2008, 01:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

HAH!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Donkee
Wife Mod, Wife Mod always gets in the way of other mods. Wife Mod also seems to break often. Wife Mod is not easy to fix because Wife Mod did not come with a manual. Hard to find parts for and impossible to replace without losing power.

Girlfriend Mod is OK, if it breaks just replace it.

Quick Reply: Any regrets on parts??