Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 01-02-2008, 07:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

KZN as of today!! I assume that means it is at the rail depot, does anyone know?
Old 01-02-2008, 07:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by swampdonkey
Does anyone know when the plant will re-open for the Holidays? Is it today? 1/2/08?
hey donkey,
the "limited unlimited rubicon" production run is supposed to start today. i just got off the phone with CS. the woman told me to call my dealer. waiting for him to call me on build status. did you check on your status yet this week? good luck.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by richelsd
I would think that it opens today, as AZZ Limited Unlimited Group has a Job #1 of 1/2/08 (JK*J74).

Does anyone know what JK*J74 is or the AZZ group is.
i don't know what the AZZ stands for but the JK*J74 is the factory code for unlimited rubicon.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks RubiCajun, that's what I thought. My dealer told me I have a firm build date for the second week of January. I have a unlimited rubi on order. Gettin' closer.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by richelsd
I would think that it opens today, as AZZ Limited Unlimited Group has a Job #1 of 1/2/08 (JK*J74).

Does anyone know what JK*J74 is or the AZZ group is.

I believe the J74 would be in the VIN number as a model identifier. It ouwld probably be around the third or fourth digit.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

I called, still in BG. No Big surprise there. They sent a request to the dealer letting them know it does not have a firm build date. I think I'll just give up calling.

Originally Posted by RubiCajun
hey donkey,
the "limited unlimited rubicon" production run is supposed to start today. i just got off the phone with CS. the woman told me to call my dealer. waiting for him to call me on build status. did you check on your status yet this week? good luck.

Last edited by swampdonkey; 01-02-2008 at 08:14 AM.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:43 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by joe002
Looks like it my turn to leave the waiting room.

Two years ago on Christmas my wife bought me a red Jeep backpack and said someday we would get an actual Jeep. We’ll a little over two years later we picked it up and brought it home!

We only waited a few months for it to be built, but it was actually over two years from when we first started planning it. So far, it’s worth the wait! Good luck to all.

Congrats!

That is a seriously beautiful jeep, enjoy!
Old 01-02-2008, 09:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

i ordered a black sahara unlimited with all toys except automatic & remote start on 12/15. i called my salesman about a week ago for an update & he told me that it has been ordered, they have the allocation and i should have it around the end of january.

i know this guy and he's pretty honest. i've bought a few jeeps from him & he knows i'm loyal......but now you guys have me worried.

the dealership is only about a 2 hour drive from toledo, so i don't think i'll have the train issues. also, correct me if i'm wrong, but it seems like the huge wait is for the rubicon.

i have an 05 GC that i leased & i'm supposed to turn in on feb.4. i was told that i'll be able to keep it until my sahara is delivered, but i'll have to continue to make the monthly payments......they did say i'd get extra miles though.

i just want my JK!!!
Old 01-03-2008, 07:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by WaIIbanger
i ordered a black sahara unlimited with all toys except automatic & remote start on 12/15. i called my salesman about a week ago for an update & he told me that it has been ordered, they have the allocation and i should have it around the end of january.

i know this guy and he's pretty honest. i've bought a few jeeps from him & he knows i'm loyal......but now you guys have me worried.

the dealership is only about a 2 hour drive from toledo, so i don't think i'll have the train issues. also, correct me if i'm wrong, but it seems like the huge wait is for the rubicon.

i have an 05 GC that i leased & i'm supposed to turn in on feb.4. i was told that i'll be able to keep it until my sahara is delivered, but i'll have to continue to make the monthly payments......they did say i'd get extra miles though.

i just want my JK!!!

I have bought six vehicles from my dealer and my family a total of 14. I know my sales rep is also honest and upfront with me.

I ordered my Sahara Unlimited September 12 and am still in BG status as of yesterday. He originally told me 4-6 weeks.

Ther problem is not in the honesty of the dealer but rather the demand for the product.

I have seen some folks get theirs already who have ordered after me which still baffles my mind. I have been the "next" Sahara order for my dealer for that past 2 allocation periods.

You will have no problem to extend your current lease on a month to month basis for up to 6 months. I would plan on it.

My Dodge Ram lease is due in August but I am getting close to my miles, so I figured I would flip out of it early and eat a few payments.

I never thought it would take this long, but everyone says it is worth the wait.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08UnlimitedSahara810
[COLOR="Lime"]
Ther problem is not in the honesty of the dealer but rather the demand for the product.
COLOR]
thanks for the reply.....the only reason i brought up the honesty factor was that someone previously posted that certain dealers may be waiting for allocation and hence the long wait. a dealer could dishonestly tell you that your vehicle is in production just to prevent you from searching for a dealer with allocation.

i guess what i wanted to say was that my salesman is a friend and i know he would tell me about the allocation thing if that were the case.

i probably shouldn't say this here, but i am more loyal to the jeep brand than only the wrangler. if my salesman said i'd have to wait 6 months, he knows i'd probably just get another GC limited. it's a great vehicle and i'm going to miss some of the luxuries like park assist, heated seats & mirrors, and mostly the 5.7L HEMI.

[WaIIbanger heads for cover.]

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes