Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Dealership VOIDED my Warranty

Old 04-26-2011, 06:56 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm going to see what my case manager says tomorrow and go from there.

My parents think it's pretty funny that i got screwed pretty bad, and they know as much as everybody around here knows that i truely take good care of this silver box of problems. They believe that since there are pictures of the Jeep offroad, those are enough to have the dealership cancel warranty srvices, and that it does look really bad.

I just want everyone to know that the problems i have had and are having with the jeep have nothing to do with my lift or wheels and tires.

This could not have happened at a worse time because i have two final exams withing these next few days that i need to study for and dedicate alot of time to, along with a paper to write and now a new can of worms..

I just wish that there was somebody on here that understands how these Jeeps work and knows that flexing the suspension should not have anything to do with your engine or transmission leaking oil, or your door bushings wallowing out. I know we all know this, but none of us have the authority to do something about it other than call and wait or just take all the shit that is given.

So much for rausch creek in august or any Jeepskool i thought about going to.

i might as well begin parting the damn thing out. (don't pm me about parts.)
Old 04-26-2011, 07:01 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Yamaha90
I'm going to see what my case manager says tomorrow and go from there.

My parents think it's pretty funny that i got screwed pretty bad, and they know as much as everybody around here knows that i truely take good care of this silver box of problems. They believe that since there are pictures of the Jeep offroad, those are enough to have the dealership cancel warranty srvices, and that it does look really bad.

I just want everyone to know that the problems i have had and are having with the jeep have nothing to do with my lift or wheels and tires.

This could not have happened at a worse time because i have two final exams withing these next few days that i need to study for and dedicate alot of time to, along with a paper to write and now a new can of worms..

I just wish that there was somebody on here that understands how these Jeeps work and knows that flexing the suspension should not have anything to do with your engine or transmission leaking oil, or your door bushings wallowing out. I know we all know this, but none of us have the authority to do something about it other than call and wait or just take all the shit that is given.

So much for rausch creek in august or any Jeepskool i thought about going to.

i might as well begin parting the damn thing out. (don't pm me about parts.)
It sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders.......put the Jeep aside and focus on your exams. The Jeep will be there next week the exams will not be. Your education needs to be first!......sorry if I sound like your Dad.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:08 PM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

that blows. if that happened to me I'd be raising some hell at that dealership -- there is NO excuse for garbage service, and it belittles their maturity even further to see that they're playing this retaliatory behavior-crap. I hope this works out for ya, and post progress as you make it.

Sam
Old 04-26-2011, 07:12 PM
JK Junkie

oh believe me i'm totally focussed on school. i'm actually in nursing school.

I've had some good patients and some really uncooperative patients during my clinicals but i have treated every one of with with as much respect and patience as possible. I wish people outside the hospital would have the sense to do that too.

i've got my notes infront of me now as a matter of fact... and filing out a scholarship application.

factors that influence increased intracranial pressure are lesions, tumors, abscess's, head trauma... bad dealership service..
Old 04-26-2011, 07:15 PM
JK Junkie

hey believe that since there are pictures of the Jeep offroad, those are enough to have the dealership cancel warranty srvices, and that it does look really bad.
Taking your Jeep off-road does NOT void your warranty.
Modding your Jeep does NOT void your warranty.
Using your warranty does NOT void your warranty.

The fact that they found pictures of your Jeep off-road proves nothing than than the fact that you drive your Jeep off-road.

You sound like you are a very capable, laid back individual. This will benefit you. Read up on your rights. If what you tell us is the whole truth, then they cannot rightfully void you warranty.

Sue them.

Don't talk to them in person.
Don't talk to them over the phone.

Write them a letter explaining that you contest their allegations based on the Magnuson-Moss Act, and that you will sue them in federal court pursuant to your rights should they not comply with federal law.

I am no lawyer, so do seek your own.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Because the warranty issue is strictly dealership related and we are ASSUMING that this issue is related to a certain person at the dealership being an ass, we are not going to name this dealership quite yet. As Mike said, two complaints were filed before against this person, so obviously negative words arent helping. After we get everything sorted out and exhaust all of our options, then I will personally take it upon myself to DESTROY the name of the said dealership in question.

In the mean time were just going to have to get all of our facts straight on the warranty info and gather all of our evidence together on why we believe this is a load of crap. I can totally see them not covering issues caused by offroad damage, but not one of these things can possibly be caused by offroading the jeep.

I feel like this is false advertising. How can you put a trail rated badge, lockers, and sway bar disconnects on a Jeep, show me commercials and pictures of jeeps going through the woods and rivers and then void my warranty for doing exactly what the jeep was made for and what you advertised to me?
Old 04-26-2011, 07:18 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by u-joint
I am no lawyer, so do seek your own.
no funds for my own defense...

Is there a lawyer on the forum?
Old 04-26-2011, 07:24 PM
JK Freak

no funds for my own defense...

Is there a lawyer on the forum?
Most lawyers would take this case for no money from you personally. Theyd take a cut of the winnings. You have a strong case it shouldnt be a problem finding legal.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:27 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by EarlyJk
My lawyers would take this case for no money from you personally. Theyd take a cut of the winnings. You have a strong case it shouldnt be a problem finding legal.
Agreed. Lots of lawyers would take this with the understanding they'd take their fees out of any winnings.

Also, my lawyer offers letters for a decent price. Many others do too. If you simple need a letter explaining that "You violated X and I suggest you comply with X lest I pursue this to the extent provided by law...", most will just charge a basic (say $100) fee for a letter of this nature. They even come on impressive lawyer letter head, sure to scare the crud out of any dishonest dealership
Old 04-26-2011, 07:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Why has the Lemon law not been mentioned on any post in this thread? Doesn't it apply in this case? It sure sounds like it to me. The Better Business Bureau or the Department of Consumer affairs in your state should be happy to get this one. Go for it.
What the dealer has done appears to be illegal and uncalled for. Jeep Wranglers are for off road and your mods didn't adversely affect any of the problems you have had.
Please don't let them get away with this. See if you can find an attorney on retainer and go after them.
There is no way you can't win. I think you deserve a new JK and some $ for all the BS. Being nice just doesn't cut it sometimes so speak softly and carry a big stick.
Cancelling your insurance may be illegal as well as they are not the insurance carrier ( company) and they have no right to do that. Check the fine print on the contract and see what it says. Please keep us up to date too. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Dealership VOIDED my Warranty